Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

718 GT4/Spyder - CXX Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2020, 02:30 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 433 Posts

I understand DB is a dead ringer for the factory CF. Seats are different as I understand.
Old 07-20-2020, 12:26 AM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,044 Likes on 559 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
I understand DB is a dead ringer for the factory CF. Seats are different as I understand.
Good to know.

I wonder if CXX will do Bordeaux door pull.
Old 07-20-2020, 12:34 AM
Illusive991
Racer

Received 229 Likes on 124 Posts

I can confirm the DB Carbon **** I ordered is the same weave as the CF trim. Posted some pictures of the CF shift **** in the goodies thread if you want to see it.
The following users liked this post:
evilfij (07-20-2020)
Old 07-20-2020, 03:50 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dyim
Good to know.

I wonder if CXX will do Bordeaux door pull.
I don’t know, was it ever a factory color door pull? If so, probably. If not, probably not and certainly not without spending an obscene amount of money (Apparently you can get custom carpet but it costs $30k because they buy a whole roll of it lol). But I mean the door pulls are a $1 piece of strap and I find them really annoying (and likely to get dirty and eventually break) so I don’t understand the obsession with them via CXX given the cost and they fact there is a DIY posted to swap them to whatever you want and Suncoast etc. sells them.

CXX now is basically, we can paint it, we can cover it in leather/fabric/alcantara of your choice if we cover it on the car or another Porsche with the same part, we can install a cosmetic part that fits that’s not available on your model (some restrictions like no 911R shift ****), we can put on some stickers. Most of it is easier, cheaper to do at the dealer or much cheaper aftermarket. But I get that it is cool to have a CXX line on the window sticker and the custom leather to sample interiors can be amazing. Unfortunately, the interior I would want would be about $50k (which is sort of annoying because on 991/981 non-GT it was $5600 for leather to sample and another $3k or so to get the additional goodies in the leather and wood I would want).

When I was in the throws of my last order, I ordered a leather to sample/PtS (to get a color I wanted approved) C2 991. My plan was to swap the interior into my GT3 and then sell the C2. My color did not get approved so I went with plan B.

I am half tempted to do it with a Spyder. Order a base boxster with a killer interior (say espresso since no more LTS with all the leather options and wood trim), I bet my dealer would give me a good discount, then swap interiors between the spyder and the base car and sell the base car with the spyder interior. I could do the interior swap in a couple weekends and even taking a bath on the base car, it would be way less than CXX. If LTS was still available on 718 as a factory option, I would probably do it.

I mean how cool would this interior be in a spyder (with LWBs and I would swap the silver steering wheel trim for black like I did on my GT3 — the wood wheel I added is my favorite part of that car).

Or this one with the leather trim on the doors/dash/console.

Last edited by evilfij; 07-20-2020 at 03:57 AM.
wdr911 (07-20-2020)
Old 07-20-2020, 07:47 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

^ How did you make the shifter boot to show Espresso in the configurator? On gts 4.0, when I choose Espresso leather, the shifter boot is still showing black leather.
Old 07-20-2020, 09:50 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hf1
^ How did you make the shifter boot to show Espresso in the configurator? On gts 4.0, when I choose Espresso leather, the shifter boot is still showing black leather.
clicked wood **** and I used a base not GTS for the pics.
Old 07-20-2020, 07:00 PM
Dyim
Drifting

Originally Posted by Illusive991
I can confirm the DB Carbon **** I ordered is the same weave as the CF trim. Posted some pictures of the CF shift **** in the goodies thread if you want to see it.
DB and Suncoast will be my back up then if CXX falls thru for CF trim in spyder classic interior.

I don’t know, was it ever a factory color door pull? If so, probably. If not, probably not and certainly not without spending an obscene amount of money (Apparently you can get custom carpet but it costs $30k because they buy a whole roll of it lol). But I mean the door pulls are a $1 piece of strap and I find them really annoying (and likely to get dirty and eventually break) so I don’t understand the obsession with them via CXX given the cost and they fact there is a DIY posted to swap them to whatever you want and Suncoast etc. sells them.

CXX now is basically, we can paint it, we can cover it in leather/fabric/alcantara of your choice if we cover it on the car or another Porsche with the same part, we can install a cosmetic part that fits that’s not available on your model (some restrictions like no 911R shift ****), we can put on some stickers. Most of it is easier, cheaper to do at the dealer or much cheaper aftermarket. But I get that it is cool to have a CXX line on the window sticker and the custom leather to sample interiors can be amazing. Unfortunately, the interior I would want would be about $50k (which is sort of annoying because on 991/981 non-GT it was $5600 for leather to sample and another $3k or so to get the additional goodies in the leather and wood I would want).
I just think of Bordeaux door pull to match the leather. They started doing Bordeaux seat belts. I don’t think Guard’s Red pull will match. In any case I was just looking for something to make the CXX minimum in case the CF interior trims go thru. If I don’t have to, I am happy with black pulls. Certainly have no interest in different colour door sill lights or stickers on the car. Don’t care at all about what’s written on the build sheet. I actually don’t like modding my cars and prefer to stay the way it leaves the factory. Since I can’t find OE CF door insert, DB will be the next best thing.
Old 07-20-2020, 07:17 PM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Received 214 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by metalone
What do you think about this stripes over humps?
IMO, the rear humps are the most elegant, unique and interesting design feature of the Spyder. Altering them would be a travesty.
Old 09-24-2020, 04:20 AM
skafia
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean in Texas
A muddy-the-waters data point. I went in yesterday for some maintenance, and changed my caliper color to black. I asked about simply changing the door mirror to all exterior color, and was told there were no CXX options available at this time.
It’s available now @ $2,435.00.
Old 09-24-2020, 06:41 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,483 Likes on 922 Posts

I was quoted this week $2600 to add the lizard green12 O Clock Marker......on the other hand $800 to do the swap of Silver door strap pulls but according to my dealer Porsche Exclusive has a minimum of 1300 EUR to do any kind of CXX option.
Anyway, I decided to pass on both....the door strap pulls can be bought from SunCoast for about $450 and the steering....well....I can live with a Yellow one.

Last edited by jmartpr; 09-24-2020 at 06:59 PM.
evilfij (09-24-2020)
Old 09-24-2020, 06:53 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jmartpr
I was quoted this week $2600 to add the lizard skin 12 O Clock Marker......on the other hand $800 to do the swap of Silver door strap pulls but according to my dealer Porsche Exclusive has a minimum of 1300 EUR to do any kind of CXX option.
Anyway, I decided to pass on both....the door strap pulls can be bought from SunCoast for about $450 and the steering....well....I can live with a Yellow one.
You can buy the GT3RS steering wheel with lizard for $2600 (or so) and sell the one you have.
Old 09-24-2020, 07:04 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

You can buy the GT3RS steering wheel with lizard for $2600 (or so) and sell the one you have.

I know......or there's one on ebay used for $2000 in pretty good conditions.
But will wait to get the car as this is just a minor thing...now the door strap pulls I do want them before the car gets here, negotiating with the dealer to get those from them and they will throw the install during PDI...worst case I can do that at home, no problem.
evilfij (09-24-2020)
Old 09-24-2020, 02:42 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,804 Likes on 865 Posts

I was quoted this week $2600 to add the lizard skin 12 O Clock Marker......on the other hand $800 to do the swap of Silver door strap pulls but according to my dealer Porsche Exclusive has a minimum of 1300 EUR to do any kind of CXX option.
OMG! That is crazy expensive. I'm guessing that by customizing the center marker, it'll be considered a full steering wheel customization and so that's why it's $2600...kind of like adding seat piping is considered a full seat customization even if you're "just" customizing seat piping only.

If you did it, you should inquire about deviated matching stitching on the steering wheel too or maybe inquire about "two-tone" as well. Maybe alcantara/race-tex at the 9 and 3 position and leather the rest of the steering wheel?
Old 09-24-2020, 03:33 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
OMG! That is crazy expensive. I'm guessing that by customizing the center marker, it'll be considered a full steering wheel customization and so that's why it's $2600...kind of like adding seat piping is considered a full seat customization even if you're "just" customizing seat piping only.

If you did it, you should inquire about deviated matching stitching on the steering wheel too or maybe inquire about "two-tone" as well. Maybe alcantara/race-tex at the 9 and 3 position and leather the rest of the steering wheel?

You are correct....they quote like they are doing the whole steering wheel in deviated stitching and a different color 12 O clock marker. But I already speced deviated stitching in Lizard green so just wanted the marker......this one will not be included in the configuration for sure. Anyway, my build locks October 3rd or maybe sooner.....
Old 09-24-2020, 06:43 PM
Dyim
Drifting

For that price, maybe they are using real lizard foreskin. It takes 260 lizards at $10 a piece

Quick Reply: 718 GT4/Spyder - CXX Thread