Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Best practices to get an allocation? Willing to buy anywhere is US

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 12:38 AM
RideZX6R
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best practices to get an allocation? Willing to buy anywhere is US

Have been looking for a new fun car and from what I've read the GT4 will not disappoint.
I have no trade in and would like to order one, I don't mind where it would be in the US.
What is recommended to do to find an allocation, and to get MSRP on one?

Any other things to worry about?
Old 11-18-2019, 08:43 AM
iliveoncaffiene
Burning Brakes

Received 397 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by RideZX6R
Have been looking for a new fun car and from what I've read the GT4 will not disappoint.
I have no trade in and would like to order one, I don't mind where it would be in the US.
What is recommended to do to find an allocation, and to get MSRP on one?

Any other things to worry about?
Start calling. Any bigger store is going to have more allocations, but also a bigger line.
I'd be surprised if you found any store that had a free (unspoken for) allocation right now. Your just going to have to pick somewhere and get in line
Old 11-18-2019, 03:58 PM
jayson
Racer

Received 465 Likes on 135 Posts

It's going to be a long list at any big volume dealer that is likely to get allocations. Best hope is to put in a deposit and get on their list. Hopefully some folks will bail out as new cars get announced.
Old 11-18-2019, 04:17 PM
blackholescion
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 107 Posts

You're in the awkward stage of the car almost being out and lines being long due to imminent release. As production continues, lines will begin to thin. I expect a fresh surge of demand with the PDK release. If you're patient, you should be able to get a car in a year or two or get lucky as allocations are posted here. People will drop off. I was 4th on my dealer's list and got the first car due to other folks passing for various reasons (RS, PTS, PDK, etc.). For reference, I got on the list at my dealer 2 years ago. I'm a first time Porsche buyer.
The following users liked this post:
jayson (11-18-2019)
Old 11-18-2019, 05:57 PM
jayson
Racer

Received 465 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by blackholescion
You're in the awkward stage of the car almost being out and lines being long due to imminent release. As production continues, lines will begin to thin. I expect a fresh surge of demand with the PDK release. If you're patient, you should be able to get a car in a year or two or get lucky as allocations are posted here. People will drop off. I was 4th on my dealer's list and got the first car due to other folks passing for various reasons (RS, PTS, PDK, etc.). For reference, I got on the list at my dealer 2 years ago. I'm a first time Porsche buyer.
Congrats to you! Gives me hope for mine.
Old 11-18-2019, 07:21 PM
blackholescion
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by jayson
Congrats to you! Gives me hope for mine.
Thanks! I’m incredibly excited!

I think there should be enough to go around. It’s always the initial batch that creates this scarcity and feelings of desperation which is exactly what dealers want to prey on with ADM. I even had feelings like that waiting for the GT4.

I wasn’t in the market but I saw several GT3s posted here and available at dealers for MSRP 8-12 months into production.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:38 PM
Evo X
Racer

Received 277 Likes on 99 Posts

If anyone's looking for GT4/Spyder allocations, PM me.

Quick Reply: Best practices to get an allocation? Willing to buy anywhere is US