Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2020, 08:42 AM
mdork
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by prouse
I am also a first time buyer. Been thinking about the Spyder ever since the 2011 introduction. Almost pulled the trigger in 2016. Based on a lot of comments on this site, i didn't think i would get an allocation for a long time. Received a call yesterday with a May build and early August delivery. Need to lock in before the end of March. Sent in my deposit back in July 2019. Thought I had my configuration all set based on the past 7 months. Once you get that call, it's amazing how decisions can change. Probably changing from Carrera White to GT Silver with the classic interior. Haven't been a big fan of lots of red leather. However, this version seems like a nice balance of the black leather and the red. That might be the only change before lock-in.

Have a friend who has the 2011, 2016, and a GT3. I drove his 2011 Spyder shortly after he got - really liked it. A few months back, i drove an older base Cayman and was not impressed. Clearly they are two very different animals. I currently have a Lotus Elise. It is a blast to drive. Nothing fancy - just you and the car. My wife won't even think of riding in it. Time for a significant upgrade. Time to hurry up and wait
Congrats!! I also have an Elise (Cup 250) and it is the purest driving experience that still has a top and doors. The Spyder is a monster truck next to an Elise
Old 03-05-2020, 09:34 AM
blackholescion
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by MEM82

i do have a question RE financing. When should I do it and who do you recommend? I will put enough down to get under 100k since that is the threshold for a lot of reputable places(penfed, lightstream etc) and then get the best rate. The last time I "shopped" for a loan was my house in 2013 and I took the first offer as it low. My professional organization has a relationship with bank of America and I get promotions from them. Not sure I want to go with a major bank. I don't belong to a credit union. My neighbor/client is the CFO of a credit union and said if I ever need a loan to talk to him. Any thoughts?
Get financing pre-approval a couple weeks before you go into the dealer to sign the paperwork. Show them the pre-approval and tell them to beat it. Often times, they can. BofA gives terrible individual rates even if you have a relationship. I'll give you an example. We are platinum honors with the max rate cut of 0.5%. We also have a professional relationship with them. They came back with 3.5% after discount a couple years ago when I was buying my M2. I showed the paperwork to the dealer, and they got me a 2% rate.....through bank of america.......

Penfed and your neighbor are probably your best bet. Rates will go down shortly (if they haven't already, due to the 50bp cut) and possibly a bit further still to come.
The following users liked this post:
AlexCeres (03-05-2020)
Old 03-05-2020, 09:37 AM
Denny Swift
Rennlist Member

Received 1,571 Likes on 663 Posts

Originally Posted by prouse
.... My wife won't even think of riding in it. Time for a significant upgrade.....
Geeze, I hope your wife doesn’t read that! That could be really expensive.😏

I had a deposit on an Elise back in 2003. I was one of the first on the list in the US. I was within a couple of weeks of having to lock in the order, but I hadn’t seen the car in person. Fortunately there was going to be one at the Pittsburgh auto show. I drove out there, and after lusting over this car for years, I was completely let down when I saw it. The plastic body was so thin that you could see light through it. I figured that if I hit a rabbit at 50 mph I could total the car. And the whole front end is a single piece (no bumpers). A couple years later, I rented one for a day. I put about 300 miles on it. It was fun as hell, but the fit and finish (unfinish ?) reminded me of my 1974 TR6. The windows rattled inside the doors, the wind noise was deafening, etc. My take is that it’s a great car for a one night stand or maybe a short torrid affair. Maybe the newer ones are a bit more refined. I certainly do hope that Lotus comes back strong, but until then, I will admire them from afar.
Old 03-05-2020, 10:53 AM
jblaw
Banned

Received 66 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
Have you asked your sales rep for a screenshot of the Porsche Sales & Vehicle Management System for your build?

Any rep can provide that to you if you have a commission number
Yep, got the info I needed. I have Aug delivery, but they told my it might now be until Sept. if I chose Euro delivery because it's booking up.
Old 03-05-2020, 11:35 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,646 Likes on 2,708 Posts

Originally Posted by jblaw
Yep, got the info I needed. I have Aug delivery, but they told my it might now be until Sept. if I chose Euro delivery because it's booking up.
September in Europe would be awesome, for us in the northern climate it might extend the driving season with the car returning home late in the year, just in time for the winter layup. A great opportunity if it fits your schedule.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:08 PM
MEM82
Burning Brakes

Received 269 Likes on 149 Posts

Hi guys, I am in absolute panic mode right now. GM called me. The car locked 3/2 b(it was originally 3/25) still changable but I have until 8pm tonight. I don't know if I can swing this. I've got a day jammed with patients and can't comfortably sit in front of the computer and mess around. I have an idea but I did not expect this to happen. My other contact just moved to ManhatfanMotorcads and he said he can get me a car this year.
sh#t
Old 03-05-2020, 12:20 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,646 Likes on 2,708 Posts

Hi guys, I am in absolute panic mode right now. GM called me. The car locked 3/2 b(it was originally 3/25) still changable but I have until 8pm tonight. I don't know if I can swing this. I've got a day jammed with patients and can't comfortably sit in front of the computer and mess around. I have an idea but I did not expect this to happen. My other contact just moved to ManhatfanMotorcads and he said he can get me a car this year.
sh#t
You do know that this a statement and not a question... stop wasting time here and get it done!
Old 03-05-2020, 12:20 PM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Received 505 Likes on 238 Posts

sh#t
Something does not smell right to me. I can't help but think they might be pressuring you to lock this in. Why would they not tell you this yesterday? Cars do lock earlier than scheduled sometimes, but it locked 3/2 and is still changeable? IIRC changes can be made after lock but it is a PITA and not guaranteed. Can they send you a current build schedule that you can post here? Or at least what the current V### status is so it can be triangulated?

My advice is to take your time and enjoy the order process instead of rushing today. There will be other allocations if you pass on this one. Good Luck!
Old 03-05-2020, 12:33 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sonorous
Something does not smell right to me. I can't help but think they might be pressuring you to lock this in. Why would they not tell you this yesterday? Cars do lock earlier than scheduled sometimes, but it locked 3/2 and is still changeable? IIRC changes can be made after lock but it is a PITA and not guaranteed. Can they send you a current build schedule that you can post here? Or at least what the current V### status is so it can be triangulated?

My advice is to take your time and enjoy the order process instead of rushing today. There will be other allocations if you pass on this one. Good Luck!
^^^I second this. Locked but changeable is a huge pain (and might not be totally true...have him screen cap the schedule for you) and often screws up the whole timeline. Make sure you get the spec you want. As enthusiasts, we often forget that we are the consumers...
Old 03-05-2020, 12:39 PM
MEM82
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 0Q991
^^^I second this. Locked but changeable is a huge pain (and might not be totally true...have him screen cap the schedule for you) and often screws up the whole timeline. Make sure you get the spec you want. As enthusiasts, we often forget that we are the consumers...
Hi owen, and q991, thanks for replying. I blocked out any sensitive information but here is the screenshot.

Old 03-05-2020, 12:43 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi owen, and q991, thanks for replying. I blocked out any sensitive information but here is the screenshot.

Looks legit. Have him change it to your final desired spec and see where it pushes the delivery date to. He should have been checking for early locks for you as an order customer on a GT car. They do lock early at times--common--but see where your desired final spec takes you to and make a decision based on that. Good luck!
Old 03-05-2020, 12:50 PM
MEM82
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Looks legit. Have him change it to your final desired spec and see where it pushes the delivery date to. He should have been checking for early locks for you as an order customer on a GT car. They do lock early at times--common--but see where your desired final spec takes you to and make a decision based on that. Good luck!
thanks q. It was a place where I wasn't on a waiting list but he knew I wanted a car. This whole plan will possibly nvolves my wife going to the dealer to see colors in person today. I really wanted to see Miami up close in person. Or .or canceling my workday tomorrow to go. Owen is right more allocations will come
.I guess I have to decide what to do.
​​​​​​
Old 03-05-2020, 01:06 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,685 Likes on 925 Posts

If you do pass on this allocation you might want to tell your dealer ASAP. Otherwise they are stuck with your build... this is typically how cars end up in showrooms. Builds that people abandon ship on after lock... or cars the are marked up like crazy that don’t get assigned to a prebuilt buyer.
Old 03-05-2020, 01:44 PM
FASTRKMAN
Rennlist Member

Received 456 Likes on 250 Posts

thanks q. It was a place where I wasn't on a waiting list but he knew I wanted a car. This whole plan will possibly nvolves my wife going to the dealer to see colors in person today. I really wanted to see Miami up close in person. Or .or canceling my workday tomorrow to go. Owen is right more allocations will come
.I guess I have to decide what to do.
​​​​​​
If it helps MEM82 I had the same MB issue so Management and I made a special trip to make sure. I knew before I hit the lot could see it pop from a mile away! Sunny day did not pick up that much green but its a turquoise so its got a green pigment.
Old 03-05-2020, 02:04 PM
iliveoncaffiene
Burning Brakes

Received 397 Likes on 234 Posts

Here I am just waiting to hear ANY information, good or bad....

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker