Sponsored by:

Aventurine green

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2024, 11:26 AM
Maskman
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Aventurine green

Friend of mine is considering AG with chalk interior….anybody have it and if so thoughts and pics please
Old 09-23-2024, 05:01 PM
sanderabernathy
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 361 Posts

I ordered one that arrived in early 2021. They couldn't deliver it because it was affected by the stop sale for bad connecting rods. I visited it at the dealer numerous times a week until I gave up in frustration and cancelled the order because they were non-committal on when the engine would be replaced and it would be available for delivery.

While I liked the color, I didn't love the color. Even though I had ordered a car in Aventurine Green and could see it sitting on the dealer floor, I still couldn't reliably tell the difference between AG (Aventurine Green) and AG (Agate Grey). On a cloudy day I don't think anyone can tell them apart.

I went to another dealer and placed another order. I deleted all the options on the first car that I would never miss and went with PTS Porsche Racing Green Metallic for my reorder. The photos will show why I think that was a good choice.

I don't think Aventurine Green is a bad color. I just wanted a green with some pop and that's definitely not Aventurine Green. If I had it to do over again, I would have gotten Oak Green Metallic, or Irish Green, or Nato Green, or Olive Green Metallic, or Acid Green, or Forest Green Metallic, or Oslo Blue, or Maritime Blue, or... Oh no. I'm back down the PTS rabbit hole. I swore I would never go here again.

Old 09-23-2024, 05:04 PM
JCtx
Three Wheelin'

Received 188 Likes on 137 Posts

It'd look fantastic. I ordered chalk leather interior, but with GT silver instead (due Nov/Dec). I'm not too much of a green car person, but AG is the best green I've seen on a 718 IMO, and looks very classy, just like the more common GT silver. So no black wheels on that color, please. Ha ha. Hopefully somebody will post a picture for you, but there's nothing to doubt with that combination. I went with Carrera Sport wheels.
Old 09-23-2024, 05:14 PM
Maskman
Rennlist Member

thank you very much. Love the PTS! you must be thrilled
the AG is such a different look in a variety of lights. Think it has an elegant presence
Old 09-23-2024, 09:44 PM
fphjr2001
7th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I’m assuming you / your friend have reviewed the “official aventurine green” color thread in the 4.0 section of the forum? That will get you plenty of exterior shots and several interior shots although I don’t think there’s one with chalk interior in it.

As an av green Boxster owner myself, I would ask: cayman or Boxster? When I was spec’ing I couldn’t get past the other interior colors with top down and thus went with black (the brown leather would have been my second choice). For a Boxster, the chalk interior is going to contrast a lot with everything else visible in top down scenarios. For caymans I think you can do whatever you like with the interior because it’s a separate space visually. I’m not a fan of too many colors / contrasts all in one view (another reason I skipped brown leather as it would have still had black and silver/chrome pieces inside).

Hope that helps.

Old 09-23-2024, 10:14 PM
Maskman
Rennlist Member

thank you!….great looking car!
Old 09-24-2024, 10:46 AM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts

AG is a great color - understated but pops in bright sunlight. Good choice for people who have been through their guards red and yellow phases.
Old 09-24-2024, 12:18 PM
batasrki
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

I have an Aventurine Green with a beige interior. We considered chalk, but it's a high maintenance colour, lots of fabrics may rub off and mar the look. The beige has been holding up great over the last 2 years.

The following users liked this post:
bent (09-24-2024)
Old 09-24-2024, 03:05 PM
JCtx
Three Wheelin'

Received 188 Likes on 137 Posts

I've had several cars with 'white' leather seats, and never an issue. Nothing a leather cleaner didn't remove in seconds. A lot of people think they're 'high maintenance', but they're not. At least if you reasonably take care of your vehicles. I obviously wouldn't choose it for an 'off road' vehicle, but zero issues with a car like a Cayman. The easiest to clean was the Tesla, but those are not real leather. Didn't even need a cleaner on that car; just a damp microfiber left it like new.

Quick Reply: Aventurine green