Put a Full Race Exhaust from Valvetronic on my 2022 GT4

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2024, 01:08 PM
coderman
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Put a Full Race Exhaust from Valvetronic on my 2022 GT4

Short version:
The 2022 GT4 was too quiet from factory and I wanted more excitement. Had the team at Valvetronic install their full race setup and now the GT4 sounds like a baby RSR!

Longer version:
The 2022 GT4 is my 3rd Porsche and 2nd GT4. The first Porsche I owned was a 2016 981 GT4 and that car even stock sounded absolutely glorious. As we all know the 718 GT4 suffers from lack of sound do in part to the GPF, as well as a very restricted header design.

Prior to being in a Porsche I had a valved exhaust on my e92 M3 and hearing that V8 scream made me want for the same experience in the flat 6 setup. I did a bunch of research and actually had the Valvetronic rear section on my 2016 GT4, so I was thrilled to see an offering for the 718 GT4. After some discussions I decided to drive down from MA to PA for the install, because who doesn't like a road trip?! Upon returning to pick up the car I went with my good friend and his feedback while letting him drive home was simple.. the exhaust setup really makes the GT4 come alive.

First impressions - WOW! The car is loud, but not obnoxious. No rasp or drone outside of a very specific rev range. This setup retains the factory valve controller, so the car keeps the exhaust closed under 4k RPM unless you get on it HARD! In sport mode it really comes alive and the only resonance is in the 2-3k range, when the car is under load. I did have the Soul performance sound symposer delete added to remove any cabin drone.

Drivability - Being this is a valved exhaust I can drive around town or come home late at night and not wake the neighbors. When you're on the open road, you can open it up and really hear how this GT4 should sound!

Too Loud? - If a full race setup doesn't work for your use-case they do sell the rear section, over-axle pipes and headers as separate items, so you can build out the ideal setup. I will caution at wide open near the exhaust its in the realm of 112 db, so you won't be running open at restricted tracks, but the valves make this a non-issue.

Like I mentioned in the beginning I am no stranger to exhaust setups, owned a few across various cars but this install left me audibly and physically speechless.

Happy to share more feedback and/or answer any questions.
Old 09-21-2024, 01:29 PM
GoBigSpyder
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If you happen to have a YouTube channel…do you have any clips? Would love to hear how it sounds!
The following users liked this post:
coderman (09-21-2024)
Old 09-21-2024, 01:48 PM
coderman
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GoBigSpyder
If you happen to have a YouTube channel…do you have any clips? Would love to hear how it sounds!
I do have a YouTube channel but haven't filmed a video yet,

https://www.youtube.com/@CoderMan/videos

however Valvetronic did.

Old 09-21-2024, 03:31 PM
Hummus
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Those pops... I dunno, for some reason there's something cheap sounding about them to me personally. But we like what we like. Definitely more aggressive
The following users liked this post:
coderman (09-21-2024)
Old 09-21-2024, 05:00 PM
JCtx
Three Wheelin'

Received 188 Likes on 137 Posts

Definitely sounds too raspy for me too, which I don't like. The tips don't look that nice either, and stick out too much IMO. And it's too loud, even with valves closed. But of course, to each his own. Yes, it sounds nice at higher rpm, but you have to go stupid fast to enjoy that, which is the opposite driving experience I want now. The 981 GTS I used to own was exhaust sound perfection to me, but unfortunately, the 718 didn't carry that. So yes, you do need an aftermarket alternative if you want your H6 to sing, but I'd have gone for something milder. The good news is there seems to be a system for almost everyone.
Old 09-21-2024, 10:11 PM
ReidMct
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think one shouldn't run louder on public roads than is allowed at some tracks.

Your setup has a sound to please an enthusiast and irritate a lot of other people, I think. It isn't terribly raspy, but there's a harshness; nor is it insanely loud, but it is over the line.

I often can't tell much from people's videos, especially their sound, but yours was excellent. You showcased the exhaust very well, and the labels were a great aid. I just didn't like what I heard in the place where I saw it.

Gorgeous pipes to look at. Maybe over the fireplace in the trophy room....

Quick Reply: Put a Full Race Exhaust from Valvetronic on my 2022 GT4