Notices
718 Forum 982 (718) 2016-Current Discussions about 718 Boxster Cayman Variants
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are the visual differences between Base and S model?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2024, 09:04 PM
Spree17
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by JCtx
Well, something weird is going on. My car, as well as a local one, locked on exactly the same day: 6/17. And both were August allocations. So apparently Porsche shouldn't close the entire month, but don't know how that works. Anyway, his PDK car is scheduled to get produced in SEPTEMBER (he just sent me the order page), with ETA of Oct 11. My 6MT started production JULY 01. Salesman is out for the 4th, so will get an ETA next week, but it should be way sooner than my buddy's car, me thinks. Something weird is going on, but I'm not complaining. Ha ha. Will keep you posted.
My dates on the app are very similar to yours but are you sure it started on July 1? The way I read it there seems to be some ambiguity between July 1 and July 15 on the app.
Old 07-03-2024, 09:12 PM
JCtx
Burning Brakes

Received 90 Likes on 58 Posts

Well, that's the thing. I have no way to confirm that. My friend the local GM cannot see my car, because it's sold. And I have no reference number of any kind. Seems weird it's getting produced now, when it's an August allocation. Maybe it has something to do with a Porsche memo dealers got encouraging them to sell more 6MT Caymans. Mine is 6MT. My friend thinks that might have something to do with that. Anyway, what ETA are you getting? Hopefully we'll get them early Sep.
Old 07-03-2024, 09:18 PM
Spree17
Instructor

Well, that's the thing. I have no way to confirm that. My friend the local GM cannot see my car, because it's sold. And I have no reference number of any kind. Seems weird it's getting produced now, when it's an August allocation. Maybe it has something to do with a Porsche memo dealers got encouraging them to sell more 6MT Caymans. Mine is 6MT. My friend thinks that might have something to do with that. Anyway, what ETA are you getting? Hopefully we'll get them early Sep.
Mines a 6mt as well. Says stage 3 July 1 starting soon. Says stage 4 July 15 has started. Delivery says Sept 16-Dec 26. My agent said it will be October. That the app will update during the process.
Old 07-03-2024, 09:27 PM
JCtx
Burning Brakes

Oh man, Sep to Dec is a brutal window. Ha ha. I told my friend if his is produced in Sep, there's no freaking way it'd get here Oct 11. Only if it was European delivery. A car has been waiting to get shipped for a month, so I'm not optimistic of an early delivery, to be honest. Just would like more or less when it'd arrive, since we're planning a family trip. But the good news is Austin has an enclosed indoor parking structure (above their showroom), so my car would be safe for a week or two, if needed.
Old 07-03-2024, 09:30 PM
Spree17
Instructor

Oh man, Sep to Dec is a brutal window. Ha ha. I told my friend if his is produced in Sep, there's no freaking way it'd get here Oct 11. Only if it was European delivery. A car has been waiting to get shipped for a month, so I'm not optimistic of an early delivery, to be honest. Just would like more or less when it'd arrive, since we're planning a family trip. But the good news is Austin has an enclosed indoor parking structure (above their showroom), so my car would be safe for a week or two, if needed.
Do you follow your car online or on the app? I got an email to do bothe the day I signed.
Old 07-03-2024, 10:19 PM
JCtx
Burning Brakes

NOTHING. No email, no nothing. Maybe the problem is I test-drove the car in Austin, but didn't sign anything there, since my buddy was asking for authorization to sell me his allocation at MSRP, but his bosses said no (later yes, but it was too late). So I called Austin once home, sent my spec/code, they sent me the build, I sent them my DL, and it was locked a week later (6/17). But they haven't even collected the $5K deposit, so don't feel it's a done deal until I get something. Hey, did you get some kind of code or something, to register with Porsche? To ask for it next week. Thanks.

EDIT: Hey, maybe we need to start a new thread about this subject. Just noticed we basically hijacked this thread. Ha ha. Plus don't want to get reprimanded. Sorry mods. We'll take it elsewhere. Delete our posts if necessary.

Last edited by JCtx; 07-03-2024 at 10:21 PM.

Quick Reply: What are the visual differences between Base and S model?