Sponsored by:

Sway bar questions…

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2024, 08:14 AM
Jet Jockey
Pro

Received 243 Likes on 138 Posts
Default Sway bar questions…

Hello all… I’d like your inputs on sway bars… 2018 Cayman GTS… The car is slightly modded with camber plates in the front (-2.1) and adjustable toe links in the rear to get a bit more camber (-2.15). I have the DSC controller with their latest software version which includes a more aggressive track mode… The car is not used as my full blown track car but I still would like to get the most out of it when tracking it but since it is my daily driver I will not go full track settings on my suspension… I feel the car is already pretty darn amazing handling wise with perhaps some little/mild understeer… this brings me to my sway bar questions… What would you suggest? Option one, do only the rear sway bar if so do I keep it the same size but with adjustable stiffness that make it stiffer or do I get a bigger adjustable sway bar? Option two, do both rear and front sway bars, if so do I get a smaller but adjustable front bar or do I also go bigger? Also do you have a prefered sway bar manufacturer. Thank you.
Old 05-20-2024, 07:13 PM
edub
Pro

Received 335 Likes on 185 Posts

What problem are you trying to solve that the stock swaybar isn't doing?
Old 05-20-2024, 07:56 PM
Jet Jockey
Pro

Received 243 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by edub
What problem are you trying to solve that the stock swaybar isn't doing?
Reduce the understeer and roll under hard tracking.
Old 05-20-2024, 08:01 PM
edub
Pro

Received 335 Likes on 185 Posts

Probably just try making the front swaybar full soft first for free. If that isn't enough you can try to increase the rear bar one hole stiffer. More than that and you'll probably have more oversteer issues.

You can also make the rear firmer with the DSC and the front softer, but it is easy to get lost in settings with the damper adjustments.

Quick Reply: Sway bar questions…