Notices
718 Forum 982 (718) 2016-Current Discussions about 718 Boxster Cayman Variants
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PASM v. SPASM: Differences on Street, Track, and AX?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2024, 03:00 PM
hihellothere
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PASM v. SPASM: Differences on Street, Track, and AX?

Hi,

I have a 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0, which was spec'ed for PASM instead of SPASM.

I know the literal differences are springs, shocks, softer anti-roll bars, and programming. But what are the practical differences in replacing each PASM component with its SPASM version?

In other words, if I replace the PASM springs and shocks with the SPASM springs and shocks, what effect does that have on the car in street, track, and AX driving? What exactly would an experienced driver notice?

And if I replace the PASM anti-roll bars with the SPASM anti-roll bars, what effect does that have on the car in street, track, and AX driving? What exactly would an experienced driver notice?

Would appreciate any/all input. Thanks!
Old 05-06-2024, 08:01 PM
Xxyion
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,136 Likes on 628 Posts

I personally havnt done this at all as all my Porsches are specced with SPASM, however i have modded a good amount of cars in my time and i would expect the change to be similar to those in the sense that the ride will be a bit stiffer, the handling will be a bit better. By how much? I'm not too sure but Porsche suspension is really good overall so i doubt there will be much change in the way of comfort. I would expect the most changes to be noticed on the track or at autocross mostly in how stable the car is as well as how the car rotates.

If you are thinking about making the change i would say do it. SPASM is still very comfortable to drive on and i think the car looks better with a slightly lower stance
Old 05-06-2024, 10:42 PM
GTSilver944
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Does anyone have spring rates or sway bar thickness for the various 718 suspension options?

Quick Reply: PASM v. SPASM: Differences on Street, Track, and AX?