Sponsored by:

Having trouble with connected apps in the PCM

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2024, 08:15 PM
jasonburrows
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Having trouble with connected apps in the PCM

Hi all - I have a 2023 Cayman with the base stereo.
Problem in a nutshell:
The My Porsche app has to be open on my phone, be the active app, and the screen has to stay on the entire time for any connected apps to appear in the PCM menu (like Amazon Music, Calendar, App POIs all disappear after 30 seconds if I turn off my phone screen - the Porsche connect stuff like traffic, news, etc stays working).

I have the My Porsche app set up and it works as expected, the car has LTE and the data works, I can connect to the hotspot with my phone and that's ok - internet works fine. I can use CarPlay and it works (and amazon music works on CarPlay), bluetooth music is working as well - and I can get Amazon Music to work in the PCM directly (no CarPlay) but I have to:
1. Connect to the car's wifi hotspot.
2. Open the My Porsche app and leave it open as the current app.
3. Never let my screen turn off.

If I do those things, Amazon Music works great. If I let the phone go to sleep or I switch apps, Amazon Music will just exit about 30 seconds later and the PCM will switch to the tuner.

So I guess two questions:
1. Is this just how it is? Do people just leave their phone screens on and the app open all the time to use those features?
2. Can anyone confirm they are using an iPhone, the My Porsche app, and Amazon Music via the PCM menu (not car play), and they are able to turn their phone screen off and have it still work?

I contacted Porsche support and they said they wanted "pictures of the Amazon Music and LTE connection timestamps". I was not sure how to interpret that, but below I include one picture from the menu when my phone screen is on, showing Amazon Music available, and one 30s after my phone screen is turned off, showing all the connected apps gone.

Phone screen on...

Phone screen off (after ~30s)...