Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

718 2.0 Cayman T Spark Plug Change ? And old “New” Tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2024, 11:33 PM
L4pilot
2nd Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

This will be my first post so greetings all.

I have a base 2.0 Boxster and was shocked at some of the maintenance prices dealers charge. I turned 30k miles right at year 4 so I needed spark plugs and air filter change. The dealer quote for all was around 2.8k. I decided to do both myself. The plugs are not difficult as a DIY project. Took me about 1.5 hours. I live near the coast and the car is driven in all weather and there was no corrosion at all. Total cost including spark plug socket and and extra extension was about 125.

The air filter is a bit more of a PITA putting the top in maintenance position and removing everything. Tedious but not hard. Now that I have done it I can do it again in maybe an hour. Total cost was about 45 dollars if I remember correctly. And at 4 years and 30k miles the AF was nasty. I’m thinking of doing it again every two years.

All told a decent cost savings if you don’t mind DIY.

Just as an FYI the AF at 30k miles

Old 03-08-2024, 01:40 PM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 565 Likes on 380 Posts

Originally Posted by L4pilot
The air filter is a bit more of a PITA putting the top in maintenance position and removing everything. Tedious but not hard. Now that I have done it I can do it again in maybe an hour. Total cost was about 45 dollars if I remember correctly. And at 4 years and 30k miles the AF was nasty. I’m thinking of doing it again every two years.

All told a decent cost savings if you don’t mind DIY.

Just as an FYI the AF at 30k miles

Air filter replacement internals is regional and use case dependent, but I've seen some changing as often as every 10k miles. Your rate of use, two years would be roughly 15k miles. It'll be interesting to see how dirty the next one gets in two years.

Quick Reply: 718 2.0 Cayman T Spark Plug Change ? And old “New” Tires