Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0614 (mismatch between ECU and TCM) code after dealer replaced and recoded TCM

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2023, 12:53 AM
jargen
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default P0614 (mismatch between ECU and TCM) code after dealer replaced and recoded TCM

Several months ago I bought a water damaged 2018 Cayman S and after replacing almost every single module (besides the ECU) in the vehicle, was finally able to get running last week.

I have my own PIWIS 3 clone, but since a few of the modules can only be programmed by the dealer I just had them go ahead and program all of them for me. Once I got the vehicle back and started it up this P0614 code appeared. The replacement TCM I bought came out of a 2018 718 Boxster from the UK, but has the exact same part number as the module that was originally in the vehicle and it appears the dealership programmed the VIN into the module correctly.

I've hooked up my PIWIS system to see if I could figure out what the issue is or try to reprogram the module myself. Whenever I try to run the automatic programming option on the PDK module I get an error saying "no relevant programming rules found. Cause: current vehicle equipment is not shown in programming rules. Please check vehicle data and make changes if necessary."

I'm certainly no PIWIS expert so just checking here to see if anyone has any suggestions as to the best place to start troubleshooting this issue. Where would I look in PIWIS to find and update the vehicle data in order to fix the error mentioned above?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys
Old 04-20-2023, 04:36 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

Received 385 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by jargen
Several months ago I bought a water damaged 2018 Cayman S and after replacing almost every single module (besides the ECU) in the vehicle, was finally able to get running last week.

I have my own PIWIS 3 clone, but since a few of the modules can only be programmed by the dealer I just had them go ahead and program all of them for me. Once I got the vehicle back and started it up this P0614 code appeared. The replacement TCM I bought came out of a 2018 718 Boxster from the UK, but has the exact same part number as the module that was originally in the vehicle and it appears the dealership programmed the VIN into the module correctly.

I've hooked up my PIWIS system to see if I could figure out what the issue is or try to reprogram the module myself. Whenever I try to run the automatic programming option on the PDK module I get an error saying "no relevant programming rules found. Cause: current vehicle equipment is not shown in programming rules. Please check vehicle data and make changes if necessary."

I'm certainly no PIWIS expert so just checking here to see if anyone has any suggestions as to the best place to start troubleshooting this issue. Where would I look in PIWIS to find and update the vehicle data in order to fix the error mentioned above?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys
Contact @rnlst_log
Old 08-10-2023, 01:26 PM
Maksymilian
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi.
Can I join the topic.
I have a 2013 Panamera GTS. I had a problem with gear shifting in sport mode. There were no errors in the TCU driver. So I decided to reprogram the TCU controller and after this procedure it generates error P0614 and I can't fix this error.
Does anyone know how to fix this error?
Old 08-10-2023, 01:29 PM
jargen
AutoX

Originally Posted by Maksymilian
Hi.
Can I join the topic.
I have a 2013 Panamera GTS. I had a problem with gear shifting in sport mode. There were no errors in the TCU driver. So I decided to reprogram the TCU controller and after this procedure it generates error P0614 and I can't fix this error.
Does anyone know how to fix this error?
my problem ended up being the wrong software version on the TCU. I’d purchased a used module and although vin and other info had been programmed, I guess the software version didn’t match.
Old 08-10-2023, 02:32 PM
Maksymilian
6th Gear

A friend has a Panamere 4S from 2010, and I borrowed the TCU driver with the same number from him to see what errors it would show or if I could transfer the coding to my driver, unfortunately, after connecting his driver to me, he showed the same error P0614.
And now I don't know what to think?
Old 08-10-2023, 02:36 PM
jargen
AutoX

Originally Posted by Maksymilian
A friend has a Panamere 4S from 2010, and I borrowed the TCU driver with the same number from him to see what errors it would show or if I could transfer the coding to my driver, unfortunately, after connecting his driver to me, he showed the same error P0614.
And now I don't know what to think?
so you have PIWIS? Reach out to mhx_log here on the forum or on telegram. I’m sure he can help you sort it out.
Old 08-10-2023, 02:50 PM
Maksymilian
6th Gear

Thank you very much for your quick reply.
I'll try to contact mhx_log, see what it says.

Quick Reply: P0614 (mismatch between ECU and TCM) code after dealer replaced and recoded TCM