Notices
718 Forum 982 (718) 2016-Current Discussions about 718 Boxster Cayman Variants
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got on a wait-list! What do you think of my prospective build?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2023, 04:34 PM
pgap718
Racer

Received 134 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Alpha Ice
I did the painted color climate on mine, GB exterior, and I think it makes a lot of sense. You have the center console, and then you have this little gap where the controls are that is black before the nav system. I love it and dont' regret it. It's a nice build, but there is a lot of yellow. Are you doing any yellow stitching on the inside? I don't think I saw any, but just in case you did or were thinking of it, you did the $470 leather casing on the steering column. It just has basic black trim stitching. I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't do the $640 option, as everything else inside is chalk stitching. I wish my SA was better at letting me know.
I think the only stitching colors left is the white or red. Have you posted pictures of your interior?
Old 04-05-2023, 04:52 PM
Alpha Ice
Burning Brakes

Received 462 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by pgap718
I think the only stitching colors left is the white or red. Have you posted pictures of your interior?
I have in a couple spots, I did the chalk interior as the black on black was too dark for me. But I also had a sand beige in my last .1S and I swapped the center console and some other items for black interior accents, and most of the panels got upgraded to leather from a track built car.

Old 04-05-2023, 05:03 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,549 Likes on 863 Posts

Originally Posted by Alpha Ice
I have in a couple spots, I did the chalk interior as the black on black was too dark for me. But I also had a sand beige in my last .1S and I swapped the center console and some other items for black interior accents, and most of the panels got upgraded to leather from a track built car.

LOVE this with the chalk interior. My girlfriend wants chalk interior with shark blue trim in either a 911 or 718 depending on where she falls financially in a few years.
The following users liked this post:
pgap718 (04-05-2023)
Old 04-06-2023, 02:03 AM
VIC_50th
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Congratulations!
Nice build - you will love it.
Agree with others who suggest Calipers in black - it will finish off the exterior Y/B theme!
Just my $0.02 (oh, sorry - it is now $0.03 due to recent price increase, LOL), but ditch the Power Steering Plus - there is no need for it.

Cheers,
Martin
The following users liked this post:
IndigoInkTaco (04-06-2023)
Old 04-06-2023, 09:51 AM
roundincircles
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Photos

Any pictures you can post?

Carbon wheel

18 way seat

Gentian Blue
Old 04-06-2023, 06:44 PM
joneswhip
5th Gear

Received 19 Likes on 1 Post

My understanding is that the smoking package no longer has an extra plug in—I submitted a build in the last 60 days and that is what my sales rep told me.
Old 04-06-2023, 07:11 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 913 Likes on 560 Posts

Originally Posted by joneswhip
My understanding is that the smoking package no longer has an extra plug in—I submitted a build in the last 60 days and that is what my sales rep told me.
Your sales person is giving bad advice based on the 992. 992 just gives you a removable cannister now because the entire interior has been revised to have an actual cupholder there. 982/718 still uses the old layout. This is the same bad advice that sales people used to give about losing SportDesign mirror stalks when selecting power folding mirrors because that was what would happen on the 991.

Look on the configurator yourself. It still says the following:
Includes:
  • Ashtray and cigarette lighter in the center console in place of the open storage compartment
Old 05-29-2023, 01:27 PM
Hank Wu
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Build code PR7TBLI1
Any ideas on what I should delete or add?

Big ones I want are the Burmester and PDLS.
如同你這樣的配置,在台灣需要多增加約70000美金。
Old 05-29-2023, 08:46 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,461 Likes on 2,362 Posts

A lot of people know that I like bold colors, in and out, but I never asked anyone here or elsewhere what they thought since it is so subjective. Personally, I had a lot more Miami Blue inside my Targa GTS compared to my Yellow Spyder, but only because it seemed the Yellow seemed better in lesser amounts but more Black, which is why I got rid of most of the Silver trim inside. I will suggest though that I like the Black leather trim more than the Brushed metal trim. Either way, whatever you do make the car for you and not the next person! You may limit the number of buyers if you sell it down the road but there will always be buyers that appreciate what you did.

Quick Reply: Finally got on a wait-list! What do you think of my prospective build?