Sponsored by:

Parking sensor issue on 718 Boxster

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2023, 05:48 PM
TGDCCA
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parking sensor issue on 718 Boxster

One of the two parking sensors on the front bumper of my 2018 Boxster has become loose and fallen into the bumper. Local dealership says it will be $800+ to repair and that there's no CPO warranty coverage because it "could have been an outside force" that caused the sensor to come loose. There's no evidence of this – no mark on the bumper, no scratch, no anything. Anyone have this experience? And any suggestions on how to get this covered? I searched the forum and couldn't find anything, so I really appreciate any help anyone can offer. Thanks!
Old 03-10-2023, 06:32 PM
iborguk
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TGDCCA
One of the two parking sensors on the front bumper of my 2018 Boxster has become loose and fallen into the bumper. Local dealership says it will be $800+ to repair and that there's no CPO warranty coverage because it "could have been an outside force" that caused the sensor to come loose. There's no evidence of this – no mark on the bumper, no scratch, no anything. Anyone have this experience? And any suggestions on how to get this covered? I searched the forum and couldn't find anything, so I really appreciate any help anyone can offer. Thanks!
Straw grab but see last post in this thread https://www.718forum.com/threads/fro...-sunken.20797/
Old 03-11-2023, 01:24 AM
GregWormald
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Try another dealer. Your local seems more interested in money than is good for an ongoing relationship.

Quick Reply: Parking sensor issue on 718 Boxster