Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Module Cloning

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2023, 05:48 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,814 Likes on 990 Posts

Thx for pretty much proving you're a scammer. Hopefully that'll be the end of people helping you, and if not i'll be here to help the next owner you screwed. You however, will be long gone on here.
Old 09-24-2023, 10:41 PM
HoHo
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Cayenne Diesel

Hello everyone. I have a 2013 Cayenne 3.0 diesel that the ECM went bad from getting wet. This was not by being in a flood but having the rain drains clogg and fill up. I bought a used one from Ebay and sent it out to Bimmerscan to have it cloned from the original. When I installed the cloned unit I get "Engine Control Unit Blocked and DME control unit faulty". When I try to start the vehicle it does try to turn over but will not start. I don't know if possibly the unit from Ebay is faulty but Bryce from Bimmerscan ,which is a very nice guy by the way, said he was able to transfer the data over. I have read that some people are saying that these ECU (EDC17CP44) can not be cloned because there is data in OTP portion of the ECU. I made sure they were the right part numbers. Any help in the right direction would be very much appreciated.

Last edited by HoHo; 09-24-2023 at 10:46 PM.
Old 01-30-2024, 07:06 AM
sszgo
AutoX

Originally Posted by HoHo
Hello everyone. I have a 2013 Cayenne 3.0 diesel that the ECM went bad from getting wet. This was not by being in a flood but having the rain drains clogg and fill up. I bought a used one from Ebay and sent it out to Bimmerscan to have it cloned from the original. When I installed the cloned unit I get "Engine Control Unit Blocked and DME control unit faulty". When I try to start the vehicle it does try to turn over but will not start. I don't know if possibly the unit from Ebay is faulty but Bryce from Bimmerscan ,which is a very nice guy by the way, said he was able to transfer the data over. I have read that some people are saying that these ECU (EDC17CP44) can not be cloned because there is data in OTP portion of the ECU. I made sure they were the right part numbers. Any help in the right direction would be very much appreciated.

did you ever figure it out

i need to change bcm and hope that cloning the data will do the trick
Old 02-18-2024, 04:51 PM
HoHo
AutoX

Smile ECM Cloning is possible!

Originally Posted by sszgo
did you ever figure it out

i need to change bcm and hope that cloning the data will do the trick
Hello! Yes, I was able to finally get this issue fixed after wasting time and money with a place in Florida and then one in California. I was able to find a place that was honest and knew what they were doing. I had my original ECM cloned and everything transferred to a used one (actually had two cloned to have a spare) I got from EBAY. Process took about a week. When I got my ECM back, I was skeptical if it was going to work as my car was down for a year and a half dealing with this. I installed it and it started right away!!!! It's getting more difficult to find people who know what they are doing. The company is in Des Plaines, IL. www.speedosolutions.com is the website and the phone number is 888-492-9902. The owner's name is Tom, ask for him, he is a real nice and honest guy. I had clone service done which includes the immobilizer data! When on the website select Shop by Brand / model. Even though the year for my Cayenne was newer than the services shown he said he was able to do it. Call him and tell him what you need, and he will be able to do it. Porsche ECMs are not easy to clone, it's not copy and paste like the other places were doing which does not work because of the OTP portion. Not only did Tom get the data from my original ECM, which I was told could not be cloned because the board was burnt, he also erased the fault codes and then copied everything over including the OTP. Let me know how it goes.

Last edited by HoHo; 02-18-2024 at 04:53 PM.
Old 02-18-2024, 06:01 PM
sszgo
AutoX

It is actually very easy process

They read data from yours and all they need to do is write it into another one. This is a 10 minute process

Tricky thing is, bcm needs to be exactly the same, porsche released , or better say continental released probably 50 versions and configurations over time

You need to find exactly same part number as the original one, after that it is easy
Old 02-19-2024, 09:09 PM
HoHo
AutoX

You do need to find the same part number. Although the process maybe seem simple, it still requires the right equipment and software. The person doing it needs to have good attention to detail. I watched the guy do it. Glad he has that service.

Quick Reply: Porsche Module Cloning