Sponsored by:

Cayman Rear Wing won't go all the way down suddently

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2022, 10:32 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,087 Likes on 1,778 Posts
Default Cayman Rear Wing won't go all the way down suddently

My wing won't go all the way down all of a sudden (it used to). I'm pretty sure it started when I manually raised then lowered the wing to clean under it. I assume I somehow messed up the calibration. I can't seem to get it to recalibrate. Is there a rain-dance of sorts to do this properly?

(Wing works normally otherwise, both manually and automatically. It's also not blocked as far as I know. )

Old 05-30-2022, 10:10 AM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,916 Likes on 2,216 Posts

Retracting wing requires a press and hold until the light is extinguished.

Is the light on? If yes you are in manual mode.
Old 05-30-2022, 12:12 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,087 Likes on 1,778 Posts

Update: I just went on a 100 mile spirited run, ya know, because I had to test the spoiler's automatic up/down programming. So it was in the name of science. Anyway, the spoiler works normally in both automatic and manual modes. It's just that now its down position is now fully seated, but rather it's up by about 1/4". I thoroughly understand how to use the button in both auto and manual modes. It's operating as it should in all modes (light is not on when in auto mode), it just doesn't sit down fully. And while I'm not 100% sure, I'm 99.9% sure this happened when I manually raised the wing to clean under it, and then perhaps didn't lower it completely before releasing the button. It's as if I retrained it as to where down is. So I need to reprogram it again. (Like power windows that need to be reprogrammed via a sequence of up and downs with the button.)

Someone elsewhere posted this. I tried it, but it didn't work:

"To Recalibrate: Turn car off and lock it. Unlock car and switch ignition on. Push and hold button until spoiler goes all the way down, then up, and then down again. Turn ignition off."

I tried that without success. I also opened the hatch and closed it since that also resets the oil level gauge, so I figured it couldn't hurt.

Last edited by AdamIsAdam; 05-30-2022 at 02:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Cayman Rear Wing won't go all the way down suddently