Sponsored by:

Cayman T Build Opinion and Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2022, 06:53 PM
nirvana620
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayman T Build Opinion and Recommendations

Wife and I ordered our first Porsche, Cayman T, and we're looking for opinions of 718T Interior Standard vs Leather. Car will be daily and autocross and we're concerned of long term wear and maintenance of the leather interior.

I'm split spending the extra $2500 for the leather whereas I can put that towards full PPF.

Any recommendations to our build? Code

Guards Red
6MT
718 T Interior Package (Red), Standard
Premium Package
Ext Fuel Tank
Sport Pedals
GT Sport Steering Wheel Alcantara

Thanks!
Old 04-22-2022, 03:05 AM
CurbKiller
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Personally, I’d go for the upgraded interior but that’s just me. I’ve always felt the full leather interior on any derivative just lifts things. And you spend so much more time inside the car so why not have it look more special.
Old 04-22-2022, 09:16 AM
Bajordan
Track Day

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Awesome car! I can make a few suggestions from personal experience. I have a 2019 base 718 optioned like a T (PASM, Sports Chrono, PTV) and I autocross a lot. If you can do without the manual the PDK is amazing for autocross. The launch control feature is worth 1/2 a second. I understand if you want the manual because it’s fun too! I would also suggest the sport appearance package because it gets the third radiator and you’ll want that for hot summer autocrossing and any track days. Plus you get that GTS look I like so much. I have leather in the standard seats and they’re fine for racing. Get the vented seats for summer. I have the CG Lock for the seatbelt to hold me in place, but good luck finding one as they don’t make them any longer.

You’re going to want another set of wheels for your race tires so budget for those as well. The Turbo wheel spec (8.5” front, 10.5” rear widths) allows you to legally run a 19” diameter in those widths in A Street. I run HRE’s. My buddy that order the car went with 18” wheels on my build to offset the cost of the wheels. You don’t have to worry about that with the T since there 20” wheels are standard.

I also have ppf on the front clip, rockers, and below the air intake and it’s a must!

If you have other questions just let me know. You can see my autocross videos at my Instagram: @bryan78jordan

Here’s my basic build:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNXGRZU4

Old 04-22-2022, 09:28 AM
chriswd62
Rennlist Member

Received 307 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by CurbKiller
Personally, I’d go for the upgraded interior but that’s just me. I’ve always felt the full leather interior on any derivative just lifts things. And you spend so much more time inside the car so why not have it look more special.
I agree. I did the full leather, without the T interior package. It feels much more premium. Also, apparently it's slightly lighter in weight than the standard foam/rubber dash and trim.
Old 04-23-2022, 10:55 AM
LehmanZ06
Pro

Received 104 Likes on 65 Posts

I would definitely go with the 718-T interior sport Tex seats interior package. “718” on head rest gorgeous pinstriped seats. Super comfortable and grippier than regular leather. Durable and makes the interior POP ! I have one Cayman with the leather interior and one with the base plastic dash. The leather one is more “special”.
T interior package and leather interior is a winner in my book.

Quick Reply: Cayman T Build Opinion and Recommendations