Sponsored by:

New to Porsche, picked up a GTS

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2022, 04:47 AM
Weidake
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AndroidRobot
thank you. This isn’t the spec I wanted but it’ll hold me over for now.

What’s the spec on yours? Where in TX are you?
I got a used 2021 Boxster GTS from Carmax (I know right :P) car is still in transit and will be here by the end of the month. I will take a look at her when she arrives in Houston. No window sticker from carmax and they said she's turbo charged LOL.
Not the spec I wanted either. I was looking for a manual and this one is PDK, but almost at sticker with 3k miles on the clock so a good deal if the overall condition is good.

Last edited by Weidake; 03-13-2022 at 04:49 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Weidake:
718socal (03-17-2022), AndroidRobot (03-13-2022)
Old 03-13-2022, 02:46 PM
abarthguy
Three Wheelin'

Received 283 Likes on 173 Posts

Nothing wrong with getting a Porsche from CarMax! Mine came from them 2 1/2 years ago and everything has been perfect! Car as described, checked out by local Porsche Dealer as good to go, had the Porsche charger laying in the trunk when I inspected it and car had a service contract for remaining services paid by the original owner! Easy transaction too!

The following users liked this post:
SunnySF (03-16-2022)
Old 03-13-2022, 03:33 PM
Weidake
Rennlist Member

Very encouraging to know your excellent experience with Carmax. I’m 99% sure now that when the gts is here I’ll bring her home
abarthguy (03-13-2022), AndroidRobot (03-13-2022)
Old 03-13-2022, 09:24 PM
AndroidRobot
Intermediate

Received 39 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Weidake
I got a used 2021 Boxster GTS from Carmax (I know right :P) car is still in transit and will be here by the end of the month. I will take a look at her when she arrives in Houston. No window sticker from carmax and they said she's turbo charged LOL.
Not the spec I wanted either. I was looking for a manual and this one is PDK, but almost at sticker with 3k miles on the clock so a good deal if the overall condition is good.
Originally Posted by abarthguy
Nothing wrong with getting a Porsche from CarMax! Mine came from them 2 1/2 years ago and everything has been perfect! Car as described, checked out by local Porsche Dealer as good to go, had the Porsche charger laying in the trunk when I inspected it and car had a service contract for remaining services paid by the original owner! Easy transaction too!
Glad to hear the success stories! I’ve never bought form Carmax before so I couldn’t really comment on it.

what part of Houston are you in? I’m up in The Woodlands if you ever want to meet up!

I’m apart if a good group from Bimmerpost that usually does a monthly get together and drive. We have people with both BMW’s and Porsches.

jesm (04-16-2022)
Old 03-14-2022, 08:00 PM
Weidake
Rennlist Member

I live in Katy but im down for a good car meet wherever.
AndroidRobot (03-15-2022), jesm (04-16-2022)
Old 03-15-2022, 12:03 PM
AndroidRobot
Intermediate

I live in Katy but im down for a good car meet wherever.
Nice, we have some people who live in Katy and all over the Houston area. Is that your TR M3 as well?

Feel free to join our group chat where we discuss meet ups and everything. Please introduce yourself when you join. We have about 20 people and counting now.

https://groupme.com/join_group/84497015/lxd89Hx2
Old 03-17-2022, 10:10 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 306 Posts

I just purchased a 718 Boxster GTS after being a long time Porsche fan but never pulling the trigger. I cam from a 2022 BMW M3 Comp AWD that I waited a year to get. I am excited to go pick up the car later this week, and join the club! I also have a Cayman GTS on order in my preferred color of Python Green which I'm looking forward to.

For those who don't know me, I am very active on Bimmerpost and will be on here as well. I enjoy driving and I'm glad to be in another fun car!
Congrats! This is Mzcp from the other forum. I made the switch to CGTS and there is no comparison for me. The driving experience is on another level. Everything is driver's oriented. I put 600 miles in a week and can't stop smiling. Here is mine before I start modding.

Cheers

Last edited by 718socal; 03-17-2022 at 10:21 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 718socal:
AndroidRobot (03-17-2022), jesm (04-16-2022)
Old 03-17-2022, 10:20 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

I just purchased a 718 Boxster GTS after being a long time Porsche fan but never pulling the trigger. I cam from a 2022 BMW M3 Comp AWD that I waited a year to get. I am excited to go pick up the car later this week, and join the club! I also have a Cayman GTS on order in my preferred color of Python Green which I'm looking forward to.

For those who don't know me, I am very active on Bimmerpost and will be on here as well. I enjoy driving and I'm glad to be in another fun car!
Congrats! This is Mzcp from the other forum. I made the switch to CGTS and there is no comparison for me. The driving experience is on another level. Everything is driver's oriented. I put 600 miles in a week and can't stop smiling. Cheers
AndroidRobot (03-17-2022)
Old 03-17-2022, 10:23 PM
AndroidRobot
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 718socal
Congrats! This is Mzcp from the other forum. I made the switch to CGTS and there is no comparison for me. The driving experience is on another level. Everything is driver's oriented. I put 600 miles in a week and can't stop smiling. Cheers
thank you. I love your Cayman, it’s a great spec. I completely agree and I’ve done about the same. 900 miles since I got it and plenty of smiles along the way. How it revs out and sounds alongside the way you can push it through corners is sublime. I can’t get enough of the car. I’m excited to get a Spyder next. I should be top of the list for allocations once they roll in for the next batch too!

I just got mine back from PPF the other day, so now I feel safer driving it around.
718socal (03-18-2022)
Old 03-17-2022, 10:29 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

thank you. I love your Cayman, it’s a great spec. I completely agree and I’ve done about the same. 900 miles since I got it and plenty of smiles along the way. How it revs out and sounds alongside the way you can push it through corners is sublime. I can’t get enough of the car. I’m excited to get a Spyder next. I should be top of the list for allocations once they roll in for the next batch too!

I just got mine back from PPF the other day, so now I feel safer driving it around.
We’ll I can’t wait to see your next ride coming. I have bought new wheels, DSC controller, Protective Bolsters from EdGuard, Rennline Pedals and PPF next week
Old 03-17-2022, 10:33 PM
AndroidRobot
Intermediate

We’ll I can’t wait to see your next ride coming. I have bought new wheels, DSC controller, Protective Bolsters from EdGuard, Rennline Pedals and PPF next week
Feel free to post pics of yours too. Can you link those pedals? I'm testing XPEL Ultimate Fusion (ceramic embedded PPF) which so far has been great.

What's the point of a DSC controller? Does it let you turn kr off fully?

I have a Python Green Spyder tentatively on order with the red interior and roof over Satin Aurum wheels. It'll be a crazy combo.
Old 03-17-2022, 10:56 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

Another familiar name. Congrats and nice specs
Old 03-18-2022, 12:00 AM
718socal
Rennlist Member

Feel free to post pics of yours too. Can you link those pedals? I'm testing XPEL Ultimate Fusion (ceramic embedded PPF) which so far has been great.

What's the point of a DSC controller? Does it let you turn kr off fully?

I have a Python Green Spyder tentatively on order with the red interior and roof over Satin Aurum wheels. It'll be a crazy combo.
Pedals here https://www.rennline.com/Rennline-Al...nfo/P71.60.59/
DSC controller recommended by a friend to get a more compliant suspension and full adaptive suspension similar to our old cars.
Old 03-18-2022, 01:29 AM
AndroidRobot
Intermediate

Pedals here https://www.rennline.com/Rennline-Al...nfo/P71.60.59/
DSC controller recommended by a friend to get a more compliant suspension and full adaptive suspension similar to our old cars.
good to know. I bought a few things for mine already. Mainly the usual mods like clear side markers, key fob accessories, floor liners and the like. I with IND had more Porsche items
718socal (03-18-2022)
Old 03-19-2022, 11:32 PM
cph_atl
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default we are same

In January I traded in my 2020 M2C MT for a 2021 GTS 4.0 MT in gentian. Bought it CPO with 3,100 miles on it. Paid a premium but of course my M2 trade fetched a premium, too. A life long BMW guy. Had no idea what I was missing! So, so simple and good and tight and fun and pure. My car was optioned as a drivers car for sure - 4 way seats, MT, old school key where you have to press buttons and insert/turn in the ignition (gasp!). It's a dream. Trying to find a good coding app so I can tweak a few of the electronic bits but DANG it's good right out of the box.
Chris Danusiar (03-21-2022)

Quick Reply: New to Porsche, picked up a GTS