Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2021, 08:39 AM
Aronis
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 217 Likes on 121 Posts
Default Porsche Brand Brake Pads?

Hello,

All you DIY's. I was looking at the price of brake pads for my car. Suncoast (easy to look up stuff and likely same price a most Porsche Dealers) shows the "Porsche brand" front brake pads for $182 (sale) vs RockAuto showing various brands ranging from $29 to $111 (track type). So what say thee???

Who makes "Porsche Brand" brake pads?? I have read "Textar" and "Pagid" made by TMD. Pagid for rears listed on RockAuto for $47. Suncoast has rear set for $119. No comparison for the Fronts as RockAuto does not list those.

I'll likely go with Rockauto.

Mike

Last edited by Aronis; 08-22-2021 at 08:52 AM.
Old 08-22-2021, 12:50 PM
Z06jerry
Pro

Received 358 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Aronis
Hello,

All you DIY's. I was looking at the price of brake pads for my car. Suncoast (easy to look up stuff and likely same price a most Porsche Dealers) shows the "Porsche brand" front brake pads for $182 (sale) vs RockAuto showing various brands ranging from $29 to $111 (track type). So what say thee???

Who makes "Porsche Brand" brake pads?? I have read "Textar" and "Pagid" made by TMD. Pagid for rears listed on RockAuto for $47. Suncoast has rear set for $119. No comparison for the Fronts as RockAuto does not list those.

I'll likely go with Rockauto.

Mike
I believe its Brembo for the "S" which are also avail from RA. My buddy who tracks his Cayman S regularly likes the PowerStop Carbon Ceramics from RA. FWIW, If you have torque vectoring and are fast on track the rears wear out much sooner than the fronts by at least 2 to 1. He also got a new set of e-coated rotors from RA too. Quality looked fine and cost is a fraction of the Dealer. He just changed everything yesterday.

Last edited by Z06jerry; 08-22-2021 at 01:12 PM.
Old 08-22-2021, 06:16 PM
Jet Jockey
Pro

Received 263 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06jerry
FWIW, If you have torque vectoring and are fast on track the rears wear out much sooner than the fronts by at least 2 to 1.
Not if you take off all the nannies they don't! You'll go through at least through two sets of fronts pads for one rear... About to change my first set of front Girodisc rotors and the rears still have a lot of life left in them, barely looks used up.

BTW, I use PFC compound 08 on the track and don't bother to switch them out to a regular compound so I leave them in for road use.

Last edited by Jet Jockey; 08-22-2021 at 06:19 PM.
Old 08-23-2021, 02:07 PM
Aronis
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 217 Likes on 121 Posts

excellent.....

Mike

Old 08-25-2021, 08:04 PM
nineball
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by Aronis
the textar are the same things as the "porsche brand", just no name. i've had both in my hands at the same time, used both on the street and the track. same thing. currently have a set on right now as i still can't get any pads from girodisc.

Originally Posted by Jet Jockey
Not if you take off all the nannies they don't! You'll go through at least through two sets of fronts pads for one rear...
torque vectoring can't be turned off. it is always on and it will cause rears to wear out faster than fronts. it's been happening for the past 4 years. if you have tv and you are really using 2 to 1 front to rear pads you must be standing on the pedal a lot
The following users liked this post:
Z06jerry (08-25-2021)

Quick Reply: Porsche Brand Brake Pads?