Sponsored by:

Ceramic coat on Boxster T - Photos

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2021, 11:22 PM
UofMiamiProf
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Ceramic coat on Boxster T - Photos

Got a '21 Boxster T from Perimeter Porsche at the end of January and had a Ceramic Gold package plus wheels treatment done this past weekend and took some quick photos with a wide lens up close to show the mirror shine. Might try again with better surroundings in a couple weeks after the follow up wash/check.
The following 9 users liked this post by UofMiamiProf:
Blue Monster (03-24-2021), cbarra (03-13-2021), El Crampitan (03-16-2021), Growler48 (03-22-2021), Johny0299 (03-19-2021), JonnyD72 (03-10-2021), JP4931 (03-11-2021), phefner (03-12-2021), rjag2034 (03-16-2021) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-10-2021, 01:13 AM
JonnyD72
Instructor

Received 143 Likes on 52 Posts

Awesome! My 2021 Boxster T just got loaded on a shipping vessel and is out on the open seas. Take delivery next month. Ceramic and Front End PPF will be up first. Thanks for posting.....very close to my build.

The following users liked this post:
UofMiamiProf (03-10-2021)
Old 03-10-2021, 03:31 AM
UofMiamiProf
Intermediate

Oh man super close! Only differences I can even spot visually are the stripe/model designation on side and interior package. It looks like you went with a grey accent and mine has the lizard green accents. I did not build mine it was existing inventory in Atlanta that I got a way too good to pass up deal on and took as built. It checked all of the "must haves" and had some other stuff that I wouldnt have chosen in a build but didnt bother me given the deal on price. Though ultimately most of that stuff I wouldn't have chosen has turned out pretty well and I'm glad to have it! I'll also say that in spite of not really seeing/hearing much of the T out there, it is an awesome underrated machine. The combination of upgrades made standard on it and the handful of minor exclusives are a really well thought out combo by Porsche. Keep me updated when you take delivery I cant wait to hear about it!
The following 2 users liked this post by UofMiamiProf:
Johny0299 (03-19-2021), JonnyD72 (03-11-2021)
Old 03-11-2021, 02:22 AM
JonnyD72
Instructor

Originally Posted by UofMiamiProf
Oh man super close! Only differences I can even spot visually are the stripe/model designation on side and interior package. It looks like you went with a grey accent and mine has the lizard green accents. I did not build mine it was existing inventory in Atlanta that I got a way too good to pass up deal on and took as built. It checked all of the "must haves" and had some other stuff that I wouldnt have chosen in a build but didnt bother me given the deal on price. Though ultimately most of that stuff I wouldn't have chosen has turned out pretty well and I'm glad to have it! I'll also say that in spite of not really seeing/hearing much of the T out there, it is an awesome underrated machine. The combination of upgrades made standard on it and the handful of minor exclusives are a really well thought out combo by Porsche. Keep me updated when you take delivery I cant wait to hear about it!
Yeah, I'm stoked for sure! I'm a little spoiled in a sense, because I work at a dealership and get to drive these amazing machines all day long. That's the one thing that drew me to the T (especially with the manual transmission), to your point, is how underrated they are. I had my pick of which car to go with (within reason) and the sensible choice for me was the 718 T. It took me a while to decide between the Cayman and the Boxster, but since this is going to be a 2nd/weekend car and I already have a Macan GTS, I sprung for the Boxster. The only small disappointment was the color options. I was too late to get a Miami Blue.....I prefer Carmine Red over Guards.....Python clashed with the Agate Grey accents.....and Gentian Blue wasn't available, so I went with Jet Black (apparently to match my Macan GTS.....lol) I can't wait for the nice weather and the top down!

Here's my T's stable mate.....

UofMiamiProf (03-11-2021)
Old 03-11-2021, 04:06 AM
JonnyD72
Instructor

Wait a minute.....just saw the bike (project?) in the background. Guess I'll show you mine lol

The following 2 users liked this post by JonnyD72:
phefner (03-12-2021), UofMiamiProf (03-11-2021)
Old 03-11-2021, 03:23 PM
UofMiamiProf
Intermediate

Awesome Macan!!! I do love Miami blue (and I live in downtown Miami and can attest that color absolutely is VERY Miami). Had the same or similar amazing deal been available on a python green boxster T i would have jumped on that and crossed my fingers that I'd still be in love with the color two years down the road. But I have *always* had black on black and there's no doubt about the long term appeal of that for me so it wasn't a difficult choice to say yes to this. As for the top down...in complete honesty I have driven the car probably 60-70 times since getting it (mostly to/from work) and have had the top down for probably all but 5 or so of those trips. There was a moment or two I wondered if a cayman T was a better bet (there was a python green cayman T at the same price and that tempted me), but just a month or so in and the decision on the Boxster has already been more than validated.

PS- motos arent mine those photos I took at the shop that did the ceramic! But that is a beauty of a bike.
Old 03-12-2021, 11:03 AM
GregWormald
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

There's not much that beats a Boxster with a good ceramic shine. (Of course I am prejudiced.)
UofMiamiProf (03-12-2021)
Old 03-15-2021, 06:33 PM
n2siast
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good. I'm taking delivery of a cayman shortly. Do you mind disclosing who you used for the detail in Atlanta.
UofMiamiProf (03-16-2021)
Old 03-16-2021, 03:58 AM
UofMiamiProf
Intermediate

Originally Posted by n2siast
Looks good. I'm taking delivery of a cayman shortly. Do you mind disclosing who you used for the detail in Atlanta.
Congrats ! I actually live in Miami and got the ceramic with Elite Detail Miami. I only got this up in Atlanta because short of waiting for a build and paying full rip, going way out of region is pretty much what it takes I found right now to get a new 718 if you have more than a couple "musts". My best friend lives in Atlanta and got a fully loaded up Tesla P100 or whatever their top model is and had it fully wrapped with a chrome delete and it has held up well and looks awesome. I'll call him in a few hours and see if he can get me the info on that shop. If they do ceramics it would probably be a safe bet given the quality on the Tesla wrap.
Old 03-20-2021, 11:24 AM
911CSC
Pro

Received 365 Likes on 188 Posts

Ceramic coating is a must in Florida, even more when Love Bugs come out

1st thing I did to her

UofMiamiProf (03-20-2021)
Old 03-22-2021, 10:54 PM
Growler48
Instructor

Received 180 Likes on 76 Posts

[QUOTE=UofMiamiProf;17285467

Got a '21 Boxster T from Perimeter Porsche at the end of January and had a Ceramic Gold package plus wheels treatment done this past weekend and took some quick photos with a wide lens up close to show the mirror shine. Might try again with better surroundings in a couple weeks after the follow up wash/check.[/QUOTE]

Beautiful! Is that Black or Jet Black Metallic?

Quick Reply: Ceramic coat on Boxster T - Photos