Sponsored by:

Cayman T Build Timing ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2020, 10:47 PM
patrickkirby
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Cayman T Build Timing ?

Can anyone comment on the time to receive an Cayman T from order ? Also can order in Carmine Red, only Guards Red listed on the website.
Old 11-23-2020, 12:13 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,545 Likes on 1,008 Posts

I ordered at the end of July. Mine should be arriving from the port this week. So, call it 4 months.

I can't comment on color.
Old 11-23-2020, 11:05 AM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,362 Likes on 1,937 Posts

You’re going to get some varied responses based on when people “order”.

You should focus on two dates allocation and order lock date. Your SA should have these dates on any valid allocation they have. Order lock or freeze date is usually 1-2 weeks prior to allocation (build) date.

The big variables are exit production to Emden Port entry and getting/waiting for a ship to your servicing port.

For example, my Spyder locked on 27 August, exited Production 16 Sept, Exclusive the following day, and boarded the Mediterranean Sea on 26 September. It arrived Port of Houston on 16 Oct and would have been in San Antonio a few days later but was on EPA cert hold until 11 Nov. Arrived dealer 16 Nov and delivered 17 Nov.

When we were sitting down at Lock Date with the SA he estimated probably be here before Halloween...

Hope this helps...any SA worth his salt can give you these timelines. Once you place an order against a valid allocation you should get a commission number and the Porsche Management System will show all the estimated dates to delivery. Ask him for a screen capture and updates. Right now seems like all builds are moving through the system faster.

Quick Reply: Cayman T Build Timing ?