Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is Porsche Connect really this bad?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 05:14 PM
TahouHots
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 124 Posts
Default Is Porsche Connect really this bad?

This post is not about Porsche Car Connect, which is the remote control and security app. This is about Porsche Connect -- the OTHER app that lets you send destinations to your car, etc. Is it me, or is this app and the PCM integration kludgey? I'm not sure if I'm supposed to connect the car to my phone's hotspot, connect the phone to the car's hotspot, or connect my car to my home network (which seems to work), or something else. All I know is it doesn't work as smoothly as the Porsche web site says. The best circumstances show that my phone is connected to my car just fine, but I am not able to download updates or anything and it seems to take it's own sweet time connecting properly. I do have Carplay, which is fantastic and has all I need. But it would be nice if Connect worked reliably and clearly. Comments and suggestions welcome.
Old 06-12-2020, 10:46 AM
k.alexander
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 26 Posts

Yes, my comment is: forget Porsche Connect, use CarPlay -- it's all you really need, it works, full stop. I am very very technologically savvy, and it hurt my head even just trying to figure out the differences between the similarly named Porsche apps and services, let alone getting them to work reliably. And all that just to figure out that there is no need in the world for them when you have something like CarPlay. PS: I'm sure you know, but when you connect your Calendar (on your phone) to Waze or Apple Maps or I'm guessing Google Maps; it offers you to navigate to your calendar events/destinations.
Old 06-13-2020, 04:17 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,398 Likes on 757 Posts

Let's put it this way. If it was completely free, it would be really bad. Charging for it, it's just hilarious. Then sad considering what CarPlay offers for without changing extra.
The following users liked this post:
k.alexander (06-16-2020)

Quick Reply: Is Porsche Connect really this bad?