Notices
718 Forum 982 (718) 2016-Current Discussions about 718 Boxster Cayman Variants
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Circuit of the Americas - PCA Enduro Race - Porsche GT4 Clubsport MR w/Data Overlay

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2020, 01:17 AM
GT345
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 79 Posts
Default Circuit of the Americas - PCA Enduro Race - Porsche GT4 Clubsport MR w/Data Overlay

First off need to give a big shout out to my amazing team BRRacing because it really takes team work to make the dream work.

Took a clean sweep in all 3 races in my class and 12th overall in this endurance race against a field of 35 with all cars ahead of us either being 991 Cup Cars or GT3R (with a few cups cars behind us as well).

Weather was awesome and track was better with the repave but still bumpy through certain areas

Had a great battle with a modified Cayman S who is a local from the area as this was his home track but kept with it and was able to to finally pass him before I had to pit for our driver change.

Retired Pro driver Robb Todd took over the wheel for the second stint and added to our lead after a really nice job of driving.

Unfortunately race was ended with 8 mins left due to a bad accident, so they checkered flag the race right after the black flag.

First race of the season is now in the books and already looking forward to the next one at Thunderhill Raceway with Trophy West next month.

Old 03-03-2020, 07:28 PM
donR
Pro

Received 202 Likes on 120 Posts

Great footage and impressive driving, thanks for sharing. Seems like you had a little more horsepower than that other that other "GT4 looking" Cayman S that passed you in the beginning but he seemed a little faster through the corners and under braking but you definitely had more hp and got him in the end. Do you know the mods on the Cayman S, looked like a 981? I assume race engine and suspension set up.

That second gear in the PDK also seems a lot more usable than in the manual. I wonder if you need some suspension tweaks to get a little more speed through the corners? Is there much adjustability in the Clubsport MR car?
Old 03-04-2020, 12:20 AM
GT345
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by donR
Great footage and impressive driving, thanks for sharing. Seems like you had a little more horsepower than that other that other "GT4 looking" Cayman S that passed you in the beginning but he seemed a little faster through the corners and under braking but you definitely had more hp and got him in the end. Do you know the mods on the Cayman S, looked like a 981? I assume race engine and suspension set up.

That second gear in the PDK also seems a lot more usable than in the manual. I wonder if you need some suspension tweaks to get a little more speed through the corners? Is there much adjustability in the Clubsport MR car?
I spoke with the driver of the Cayman after the race, it was a 2014 Cayman S that has had a bit of work done to it but probably about 10 to 15hp less then mine since he claimed just under 370 RWHP.

This was his home track so he just knows the track better then I do being my second time there and last time was about 7 month ago.

Don't think his braking was better then my car, just think he was better getting back to throttle than I was especially at turn 12.

I was told by my team not to use any curbs for the first 2 laps so I don't hurt the tires and that kind of slowed me down and how he was able to pass me on lap 2.

Also for what ever its worth, I was on Yokohama slicks and everyone else were on the new Pirelli slicks and they seem to be a little faster at the start (so I been told), but also seems the Yokos last a little longer which definitely helps in an endurance race.

Over all was a really fun and clean race and we finished in 12th, and he finished in 14th.

Yes, lots of adjustments available on my car as it comes with 3 way adjustable along with being able to change camber/toe/rake so on.

Quick Reply: Circuit of the Americas - PCA Enduro Race - Porsche GT4 Clubsport MR w/Data Overlay