Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 718 spyder

Is this a limited production car ?
do they have a PDK option ?
Old 06-21-2019, 10:17 AM
VOLTCONTROL
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Plenty posted about both your questions around the web. The answers though are no (although production allocation is anyone's guess) and no PDK at the moment. or mentioned as upcoming option.
Old 06-21-2019, 11:36 AM
Mark993TT
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

PDK Q4 2020.
Old 06-21-2019, 11:56 AM
abarthguy
Three Wheelin'

Received 283 Likes on 173 Posts

Just wait to buy the PDK ones......Those will be the really rare !
Old 06-25-2019, 01:42 PM
Surge74
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Rare for good reason, and they will depreciate the most!

Please don’t buy a PDK Spyder guys. Just don’t. It makes no sense.

I’m not anti PDK, but it’s not the right choice for the Spyder. Get a base Boxster instead.
Old 06-25-2019, 02:34 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

Not many paint color choices for so many curves IMHO. Wait is the configurator morphing? I didn't see that dark blue the first go through. Wow. I'm impressed with the site and the configurator right now. You can build a speedster and a spyder!
Old 06-26-2019, 12:47 AM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jeanrabelais
Not many paint color choices for so many curves IMHO. Wait is the configurator morphing? I didn't see that dark blue the first go through. Wow. I'm impressed with the site and the configurator right now. You can build a speedster and a spyder!
Can Folks please also post their Spyder configurator thoughts here. Probably fewer people interested in the Spyder anyway and it will make it easier to find similar Spyder enthusiasts.

Last edited by jeanrabelais; 06-26-2019 at 01:07 AM.
Old 06-26-2019, 01:10 PM
Surge74
Racer

Agree, @jeanrabelais . Is this your current car (in your signature)?
I was set on the GT Silver with the special red top and interior but my wife hates it... While it's entirely my car, I don't want her to complain every day she sees it - which she will... so I'll go to my fallback of black on black:
I'm currently debating between these 2:
PLBVS3V3
PLNQBXI1
The following users liked this post:
jeanrabelais (06-27-2019)
Old 06-27-2019, 12:31 AM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Surge74
Agree, @jeanrabelais . Is this your current car (in your signature)?
I was set on the GT Silver with the special red top and interior but my wife hates it... While it's entirely my car, I don't want her to complain every day she sees it - which she will... so I'll go to my fallback of black on black:
I'm currently debating between these 2:
PLBVS3V3
PLNQBXI1
I'm Porsche-less at the moment. What color does your wife want? I think all the colors will look great and I'm thinking about two cars. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the colors. I'm leaning toward red, but I like the blues, and the Silver. I'm a sucker for a yellow sports car so there's that. I'm really excited about this Spyder. I'm also interested in the Speedster and I'm trying to score one of each if you are listening Porsche Gods. I'm phoning my SA, George, this weekend to find out the situation. Fingers are crossed. I'm also hoping for PTS. I want Burmester and PTS. Too bad no AC delete this time round.
=
Old 06-27-2019, 12:36 AM
Surge74
Racer

Originally Posted by jeanrabelais
I'm Porsche-less at the moment. What color does your wife want? I think all the colors will look great and I'm thinking about two cars. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the colors. I'm leaning toward red, but I like the blues, and the Silver. I'm a sucker for a yellow sports car so there's that. I'm really excited about this Spyder. I'm also interested in the Speedster and I'm trying to score one of each if you are listening Porsche Gods. I'm phoning my SA, George, this weekend to find out the situation. Fingers are crossed. I'm also hoping for PTS. I want Burmester and PTS. Too bad no AC delete this time round.
=
My wife, who works in the high end art industry, so I value her opinion, hates the red interior. I happen to like it!
I’m currently looking at a black on black, LWB seats and red belts and sport Chrono.

Trying to keep it simple and minimal. I think many overdo it, just because you can with Porsche.
Old 06-27-2019, 01:05 AM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

My wife, who works in the high end art industry, so I value her opinion, hates the red interior. I happen to like it!
I’m currently looking at a black on black, LWB seats and red belts and sport Chrono.

Trying to keep it simple and minimal. I think many overdo it, just because you can with Porsche.
I had two spyders one with Red Leather and One with Black Leather so I like both INTERIORS. The Red is VERY NICE in person and the Leather addons in red are also great. I would get Red Leather and All the Leather add ons, but the black comes with way more choices this time round.

I'm interested in the Painted Roll Bar.... This time it looks like they are going to paint the flap too. BUT are they painting the Middle Brake Light in BLACK? I don't know if I like the Painted roll bars yet. Last time I had both too. and I liked the black, but depends on the color..

You can't paint the air intake like last time .. see my avatar has the red painted intakes.
Old 06-27-2019, 08:30 AM
Surge74
Racer

Interesting. And was it Bordeaux Red for the 981 gen, or Guards Red? It seems like it was a brighter red than Bordeaux in the previous Gen Boxster?
Old 06-27-2019, 01:51 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Interesting. And was it Bordeaux Red for the 981 gen, or Guards Red? It seems like it was a brighter red than Bordeaux in the previous Gen Boxster?
For the 2016 spyder, the red interior was called Heritage or something similar, and I believe it was exactly the same as it is now with the same restraints like GT Silver Trim bits. Personally, I think the Spyder is a very good car for the money. It was in 2016 and it is again now imho.
Old 06-27-2019, 02:10 PM
Surge74
Racer

Actually it seems like in 2016 it was called Garnet Red. It’s a more orange, lighter red, from the looks of it online, vs Bordeaux.
Old 06-27-2019, 08:14 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Actually it seems like in 2016 it was called Garnet Red. It’s a more orange, lighter red, from the looks of it online, vs Bordeaux.
I don't want to argue with you. I'll just say I appreciate your eye for color, and you are rigth it was garnet red. I would not say it was orange however. It was a red with blue undertones.imho. I totally understand the Orange Red thing. But I think Guards red is not as orange as people think but I understand there are a lot of oxidized example of old timey 911s and 912 in faded guards red, but a new Spyder in Guards Red will be the one at the meet up that gets everyone's attention. The leather was not a light red. I was say Blood red, or Dark Red. Garnets are dark imho. In my avatar the air scoops are guards red and the head rest is garnet red. I think the head rest is darker. I could have done Carmine Scoops but I thought they would be too dark. You could get all sorts of bells and whistles last time!

Quick Reply: 718 spyder