Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

718 GT4/Spyder with Touring Package?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 06:29 PM
Denny Swift
Rennlist Member

Received 1,632 Likes on 687 Posts

I don’t see an auto top option being offered. To do so would require them abandoning the double bubble and the buttresses, which is what makes the Spyder the Spyder. Frankly, if I buy one (placed deposit about 2 years ago) I don’t want “my engine or components” available in a “plain Jane Boxster.” Even the $275k Speedster has a manual top. The manual top doesn’t bother me at all. In fact, I kind of like it. IF the rear window remains plastic, that will bother me tremendously. At least give us an option for a glass rear window with an actual defroster. There is zero reason or rationale for a plastic rear window in this car. Glass couldn’t add even 3 lbs in a window that size (1 SF of 1/4” thick glass weighs about 3.25 lbs) All of these cars will become collectors. It’s just a matter of time. Eventually, the plastic rear windows will need to be replaced. As a minimum, there needs to be a means of replacing it without replacing the whole top,
Old 06-25-2019, 06:52 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Denny Swift
Frankly, if I buy one (placed deposit about 2 years ago) I don’t want “my engine or components” available in a “plain Jane Boxster.”
Oh, ok then...

Quick Reply: 718 GT4/Spyder with Touring Package?