Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought a 2018 718 Cayman today.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 10:24 PM
AmarilloMike
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Just bought a 2018 718 Cayman today.

Has 3,800 miles on it. My first Porsche. My first time to drive a Porsche. I am totally impressed with the car. The PDK shifts so seamlessly and quickly it feels like the car has a lot more than 300 HP. Ferocious acceleration. Love the way it steers, sounds and rides.

I've had several thumbs up and compliments from strangers in the five hours that I've owned it.

It looks great and it runs great!

One-owner Texas car with a clean CarFax.

It didn't come with the owners' manual or any other documentation. I've got to round that up somehow.
The following 3 users liked this post by AmarilloMike:
abarthguy (06-29-2019), Porsche Lee (06-30-2019), Surge74 (06-24-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 12:38 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Originally Posted by AmarilloMike
Has 3,800 miles on it. My first Porsche. My first time to drive a Porsche. I am totally impressed with the car. The PDK shifts so seamlessly and quickly it feels like the car has a lot more than 300 HP. Ferocious acceleration. Love the way it steers, sounds and rides.
Good for you!

A picture of your new ride is required least you get heckled. We need specifics. Color. Interior. Options. In order to properly 'ooh and ahh'

It didn't come with the owners' manual or any other documentation. I've got to round that up somehow.
Dead tree format owner's manual is available for a 'new' price from Porsche.

However, better is the "Good to Know" app from Porsche available for IOS or Android.

If you know what Dealer serviced it and/or sold it they should - if they want your future business - be happy to provide you with copies of service records for anything they did.

Are you in fact in Amarillo Texas? (I grew up in Canyon.)
Old 06-13-2019, 01:01 AM
GregWormald
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Here you go: http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...le-of-contents
Old 06-13-2019, 08:42 AM
AmarilloMike
Rennlist Member

Worf I do live in Amarillo - and thanks for the reply. Grew up on a farm between Dimmit and Hereford.

The color is GT Silver, and it came with the Premium Package Plus package, 14 way heated/cooled seats, black upholstery, dimming mirrors with rain sensors, tinted taillights, two zone AC, Bose, Bi-Xenon headlights in Black, "Entry and Drive", tinted taillights, optional 20 Carrera S wheels painted Satin Black, lane change assist, (I have the window sticker).

The car is/was dirty and is now bug encrusted after the hundred and thirty mile drive back from Lubbock. I'll get some pictures after I wash it.

Greg thanks for the link! I had been there on my PC but was too dumb to realize that only worked on a iPad/iPhone or Android.

Thanks again guys!
Old 06-13-2019, 11:33 AM
jimmex
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Congrats, I'd be interested to know about your buying experience as I'm in West Texas as well. Beautiful cars.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:45 AM
Chester7
Racer

Received 165 Likes on 102 Posts

Congratulations! You get to feel the power immediately. Mine has 250 miles so far and I have to wait until 2,000 miles to unleash it!!
What plates are you Texas guys using? I am thinking of getting the black plate with white barb wire paint around the perimeter. I love the quote at the bottom of the plate: "All hail the mighty state!".
Old 06-13-2019, 01:11 PM
AmarilloMike
Rennlist Member

Not washed and not very good pictures. I know everybody on the forum has seen hundreds of pictures of silver Caymans and this all old hat but it looks like the coolest car in the world to me!

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 06-13-2019 at 02:29 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by AmarilloMike:
Porsche Lee (06-30-2019), Surge74 (06-24-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 02:17 PM
AmarilloMike
Rennlist Member

Worf thanks for the reply. Yes, I do live in Amarillo. Grew up on a farm between Dimmitt and Hereford. There is a "Park Place" sticker on the driver's door sill and the CarFax says its initial owner was in Texas so Park Place Grapevine or Park Place Dallas would be a good guess - thanks for the tip. The odometer rolled over 4,000 miles on the trip back to Amarillo and I am getting a change-the-oil notice when I first turn the key. As you know it's a four hour drive to the Metroplex and the nearest Porsche dealer. I have a copy of the window sticker: Major options are PDK, 20" Carrera S Satin Black wheels, lane change alarm, Bose (wasted on my as I'm half deaf and have tinnitus to boot), Premium Pack Plus package including the 14 way sports seats, Blacked Xenons, autodim, heated mirrors, heated/cooled seats ... The color is GT Silver Metallic -looks gray in the shade, silver in the sun.

Thanks Greg! That link was very helpful. I spent some time reading the manual this morning.

JIMMEX there is no Porsche dealer in West Texas. I bought this used Cayman from a Mazda dealer in Lubbock.
Edit: I forgot about El Paso - there is a Porsche dealer in El Paso - which is 434 miles from Amarillo.

Originally Posted by Chester7
Congratulations! You get to feel the power immediately. Mine has 250 miles so far and I have to wait until 2,000 miles to unleash it!!
What plates are you Texas guys using? I am thinking of getting the black plate with white barb wire paint around the perimeter. I love the quote at the bottom of the plate: "All hail the mighty state!".
Thanks Chester - and you have my sympathy -I stumbled across the 2,000 mile break-in restrictions in the online manual this morning. 81 mph and no floor-boarding and no over 4,000 RPM if I remember correctly. I had a blast driving mine back from Lubbock to Amarillo. 130 miles of low-density interstate along with some some go-fast speeders to drive along with to split up the risk of coming upon a Texas Highway Patrolman waiting in ambush..

Thanks again for all the replies.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 06-13-2019 at 02:44 PM.
Old 06-13-2019, 05:16 PM
ghost_03
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Awesome car! Mine is on a boat so I'm using everybody's pictures to help with the wait.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:42 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Chester7
I did the don't tread on me. It matches the color of my car.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:56 PM
venom51
Burning Brakes

Received 230 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by AmarilloMike
Not washed and not very good pictures. I know everybody on the forum has seen hundreds of pictures of silver Caymans and this all old hat but it looks like the coolest car in the world to me!
It is the coolest car in the world to you because it is yours. Good for you MIke. Enjoy the snot out of it.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:13 PM
Two718s
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 16 Posts

Nice! Welcome to the gang. Like you, I bought my first Porsche only recently (last year, a new Boxster 718). I liked it so much, I just bought a second 718 (a new Cayman S) a couple months ago.

They are great cars. I will admit, I've never been much of a 'car guy', but now I understand what all the fuss is about. Driving a Porsche is one heck of a different experience from anything else.

Congratulations! Enjoy your car in health.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:28 AM
Curt Wohlgemuth
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have never been a huge fan of GT Silver, even though I know it's a classic color. But the pics of your car are beautiful. Enjoy!
Old 06-14-2019, 10:00 AM
Chester7
Racer

Received 165 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Fishman
I did the don't tread on me. It matches the color of my car.
Yeah!!!! I love that plate!!
Old 06-14-2019, 10:18 AM
GTorTT
Burning Brakes

Received 131 Likes on 84 Posts

Great looking car. Love the wheels with the GT Silver. Enjoy!

Quick Reply: Just bought a 2018 718 Cayman today.