Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

emergency braking issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 04:53 PM
nicolae1
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will have them checked. I hope they will be able to see if it is something wrong with them.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:11 PM
GregWormald
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by nicolae1
<snip>But maybe , just maybe , the last time I drove the car , I dove it fast and I stopped the car with the brakes very hot. Maybe because of this something happened. Like small part of the resins on the surface of the brake pad melted and there was some gas trapped there between the rotor and the pads. Hence the inneficiency. I will ask people more knowledgeable than me , to see if this theory might be true. Thank you for your contribution.
This isn't very likely. During the brake testing at Car and Driver they did 5 maximum stops and noticed no fade whatsoever.

I hope you can find and correct the issue.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:49 AM
Pruettfan
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have to emergency brake three times in a year and you rear ended someone you are not giving yourself enough space. Sorry but this is not the cars fault.
Old 05-21-2019, 03:10 AM
nicolae1
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I would have been in the same situation but in other car , I would had not been involved in that accident. Believe it or not that it what I think. And if you read carefully you will see that I do not say that is the car fault 100% . I took into account that it could be my fault by pressing the gas pedal by mistake.

Quick Reply: emergency braking issue