Sponsored by:

Miami Blue

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 02:13 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 897 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by manifold danger
My wife, however, hates it and has barred me from considering it.

To each their own. Buy what "moves" you.
It's always the women who poo-poo interesting colors on cars. Why?! Are they worried a car will get more attention than them with their fancy nails, shoes, and handbags?

I totally agree! Buy what moves you!
Old 05-09-2019, 03:32 PM
Chester7
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 102 Posts

Speaking of interesting colors, check out the Porsche UK configurator. It shows two new 718 and 911 colors for 2020: Gentian Blue Metallic (less black than midnight blue) and Aventurine Green ( a grayish green). I am in love with these colors so much that I worry I made the wrong choice with Miami Blue. Damn Porsche knows how to get silly guys like me to trade in.
Old 05-09-2019, 03:41 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Chester7
Speaking of interesting colors, check out the Porsche UK configurator. It shows two new 718 and 911 colors for 2020: Gentian Blue Metallic (less black than midnight blue) and Aventurine Green ( a grayish green). I am in love with these colors so much that I worry I made the wrong choice with Miami Blue. Damn Porsche knows how to get silly guys like me to trade in.
Genitian looks fantastic. I think that's the 992 launch color.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:11 PM
Taxdr1965
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I ended up going with racing yellow, which was my first choice anyways
Old 10-10-2019, 02:59 AM
keith599
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking at Gentian Blue online and loved the colour (and hated Miami Blue). My partner agreed with me.
We went to our local Porsche dealership and saw both in the flesh and we both did a complete back flip. LOVED the Miami Blue and did not like the Gentian Blue at all.
The MB really needs to be appreciated in person, I've seen no photos/videos that do it justice.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:57 AM
Chester7
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by keith599
I was looking at Gentian Blue online and loved the colour (and hated Miami Blue). My partner agreed with me.
We went to our local Porsche dealership and saw both in the flesh and we both did a complete back flip. LOVED the Miami Blue and did not like the Gentian Blue at all.
The MB really needs to be appreciated in person, I've seen no photos/videos that do it justice.
Wow! I have Miami Blue and it is true that I fell in love with it by first seeing it in person in Austin, Texas. I am surprised at your reaction of seeing Gentian Blue "in the flesh". When I saw Gentian Blue on the UK configurator I wondered whether I might like it better than Miami Blue.
In any event, I hope 2020 is the last year for Miami Blue.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:42 AM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by keith599
I've always liked Miami blue. It's perfect on a small car like the Cayman. I test drove a base Cayman in it and it's wonderful color. I just couldn't locate one with the options I wanted. I just test drove a 992 in Gentian blue and thought it was stunning. It works well on a luxury GT like the 992 but I don't think it's as fitting on the Cayman. It is a bit lighter and more metallic though than the old Night Blue metallic which really required the sun to hit it for it to pop or else it would just look black.

Quick Reply: Miami Blue