Fabspeed Motorsport | 718 Tips!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 10:15 AM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 689 Likes on 438 Posts
Default Fabspeed Motorsport | 718 Tips!!

Hey guys sold a few sets of these this week, wanted to get some more info out for everyone! Give your 718 the look that you have been waiting for without having to swap out the whole system! Take a look and feel free to reach out for forum pricing!!

Our Deluxe Bolt-On Tips with premium x-pipe design for the Porsche 718 Boxster/Cayman are a quick bolt-on option for upgrading the look of the already aggressive rear-end. Available in single-wall stainless steel or carbon fiber finishes, these exhaust tips are the extra flair that will set your Porsche apart.

The factory exhaust design sends exhaust gasses directly at each other from either end of the muffler - quickly followed by a harsh 90 degree turn out to exit through the tips. Our premium X-pipe design allows exhaust gases to more efficiently exit the factory mufflers - increasing velocity and smoothing out sound resulting in a slight increase in power and exhaust volume. Equally appealing is the added aesthetic enhancement that our sporty exhaust tips offer and the finish is yours to choose - authentic matte carbon fiber or hand finished stainless steel.

Fits all Porsche 718 Boxster/Cayman Base/S models (2017+) equipped with factory Porsche mufflers
Available in Polished or Brushed Single-Wall Stainless Steel variants along with a sleak Carbon Fiber finish option
4" / 102mm outlets
Constructed from T304L stainless steel and / or 100% authentic carbon fiber
Direct replacement for the factory outlet tips
Simple DIY bolt-on installation no cutting or welding required
All Fabspeed performance products are backed by the Fabspeed Lifetime Limited Warranty

Take a look and feel free to reach out!!

Old 11-07-2018, 11:28 PM
770guy
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have these tips and absolutely love them.

Old 11-08-2018, 11:06 AM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 770guy
I have these tips and absolutely love them.

Looks great!!!
Old 11-09-2018, 05:48 PM
770guy
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport
Looks great!!!
Anything in the works for the 718? Upgraded intake? Exhaust manifold/header?
Old 05-13-2019, 07:03 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Looking to upgrade the tips on your Boxster or Cayman? Well we want to make sure you make the right decision and wanted to post information related to the Fabspeed X-Pipe with Bolt-on Tips. The Fabspeed Motorsport true X-pipe with tips flows 38% more than the Porsche factory OEM H-pipe tips and a massive 62% more than the imitation H-pipes in welded or cast stainless steel. The imitation cast X-pipes actually decrease flow by 24% versus the OEM Porsche exhaust tip system, resulting in a power loss. Get the world's only true Maxflo X-Pipe. See the explanation Video below for more details so you don't actually make your car perform worse than the OEM Porsche H-pipe tips. There is a lot of products that imitate the Fabspeed design but nothing matches up to our true X-Pipe configuration.

We'd hate to see the Porsche Boxster and Cayman community make a decision that actually makes the car worse.. Caveat Emptor!

Last edited by Fabspeed Motorsport; 05-16-2019 at 02:02 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:47 AM
Omm
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scott, do you offer a Rennlist discount?

Thanks,
Valerie
Old 05-15-2019, 10:26 AM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Omm
Scott, do you offer a Rennlist discount?

Thanks,
Valerie
Sure do! PM me your number and i'll contact you directly!
Old 06-02-2019, 04:31 PM
Pruettfan
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

How do the carbon fiber tips hold up to heat? I plan on tracking my 718s quite a bit and I have struggled a bit to get tips on my BMW M2 that can tolerate track generated exhaust temps. Would your black ceramic coated tips be a better option for my use case?
Old 06-04-2019, 06:04 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Pruettfan
How do the carbon fiber tips hold up to heat? I plan on tracking my 718s quite a bit and I have struggled a bit to get tips on my BMW M2 that can tolerate track generated exhaust temps. Would your black ceramic coated tips be a better option for my use case?
The Carbon Tips you will not have any issues, we have successfully been selling these tips to many customers with track cars with no issues! Simple bolt on design, add a subtle exhaust note, HP difference (no not kidding). Is your exhaust stock right now?
Old 06-05-2019, 01:12 AM
X2Board
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 50 Posts

Can you please PM me a price sheet of all the options? I'm leaning toward the carbon and ceramic.

Thanks!
Old 05-18-2020, 05:31 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

More tips in stock - all bundled up with packages! Check them out here or shoot us a DM and we'll do what we can to add them into an order if it's not listed.

Old 05-22-2020, 06:39 PM
Joe@Fabspeed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts

Happy Memorial Day Weekend to All>>>>

Fabspeed Motorsport Porsche X pipes with tips are the Worlds Very Finest X pipes with dual tips- CAD designed as a replacement TIP outlet option for all worldwide Porsche OEM factory mufflers that come on each and every 987, 987.2, 981, GT4/Spyder and 718 coupe and 718 spider.

The Fabspeed Porsche Boxster Cayman X pipes is guaranteed to add significant horsepower, the most possible power & torque to any & all Boxster Cayman cars. Again 100% Dyno verified and guaranteed.

By installing a Fabspeed Motorsport "TRUE X pipe with dual tips" on any 1st generation Porsche Cayman Boxster simply replacing the single outlet tip on early Cayman Boxster 987.1 cars results in +6/+7HP with additional sports car sound.

On later model Porsche cars like the 987.2/981 S models you will get another +6HP to +7HP over the stock OEM Porsche "H pipe with dual tips'. We have made several Video explanations along with untouched DYNO results on all of this.

On the mighty GT4 3.8 liter cars with the PSE valvetronic muffler simply removing the factory H pipe with tips (sandwiched between the left and right mufflers) from Porsche and installing the Fabspeed X pipe you gain +7HP /+ 8HP . You also save weight and pick-up some sports car sound. Its really a bolt-on Win Win for all worldwide Porsche owners. The Fabspeed X pipe is a 2.5" 63.5mm X pipe made from 9 piecs of T304L stainless steel tig welded and back-purged. Alot of effort and labor of love went it to our performance Boxster Cayman X pipe. WE use the same technology our GT3/GT3 RS X pipes too.

The Fabspeed carbon fiber matte exhaust tips are Autoclaved and come equipped with larger internal air-channels to provide lots of cooling air to allow the carbon fiber tips to not degrade and not turn yellow.
Our design engineers and I consulted with carbon fiber manufacturers and Fabspeed carbon fiber tips have taken the heat on 550HP GT3RS cars at Watkins Glen, NJMP, Road Atlanta and etc.
Sine 2004 multiple Fabspeed equipped Boxsters, Caymans and GT4s with 3.8 liter to 4.0liter and 4.5 liter Killer Rick DEMAN 550+HP engines have ran multiple drivers educations events and our matte carbon tips last an look great. Even GT3 running track events in hot climates the the Fabspeed carbon tips last and retain their good looks due to material science.

Caveat Emptor- Fabspeed Motorsport USA has been designing, engineering and continually improving our products. We truly burn the mid-night oil to design and manufacture the very best performance and sports car sound. True meaning of Research and Development.
To that end - "people can assume" that Porsche Boxster & Cayman X pipe with dual tips are all the same and perform the same. There are many substitute Boxster Cayman replacement tips out there marketed as "X pipes" . One would logically assume that price should be the driving factor. Again these are all H pipes marketed as X pipes. If you can SEE daylight on either side of inlet pipe then its a Pseudo X pipe that doesn't work and will definitely loose significant real world power versus the stock Porsche H pipe with tips.

This is 100% true and here is the reality and you can easily turn over your hard earned money and IMMEDIATELY remove your stock Porsche 987 to 718 OEM H pipe tips and then innocently pay $400 to $600+ USD and IMMEDIATELY CUT/ REDUCE your Boxster Caymans power by -5HP to -6HP just like that. You and many others can pay and actually have paid to loose power. Never assume- if you assume its all the same and make a bad decision you will have lost -12HP versus choosing a Fabspeed True X pipe with tips system.

Fabspeed is the worlds only TRUE X pipe with dual tips that will add power to any Boxster Cayman from stock. If you do the math from above on certain ASIAN polished and ASIAN polished then sandblasted " H pipe pseudo X pipes" you lose -5HP to -6HP versus the stock OEM Porsche Cayman/ Boxster tips on any DYNO. The Fabspeed True Maxflo X pipe picks up +6hp to + 8HP depending on the Porsche year and model. Therefore the Fabspeed true X pipe makes a massive + 12 HP improvement versus Chinese polished and the same Chinese polished then unboxed and then " sand-blasted to a signature finish H pipes.
Bottom-line you can pay money and lose big-time power and choke your engine. The defective X pipe, aforementioned, is also utilized as the ONLY TIP OUTLET on many aftermarket muffler systems too. So once again the engines choked no matter what size pipes are upstream on your 987/981/718 exhaust system.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox?projector=1

If you want to make more power save weight and have better sports car sound with cool carbon fiber tips that last and or stainless steel tips let Scott, Phil, DJ, and yours truly know.
Passion Performance and Perfection that is what you get from Fabspeed Motorsport.

www.Fabspeed.com

P: 215-646-4945
F: 215-646-9828

Exotic Car Performance Experts
Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Maserati, Bentley, Aston Martin, BMW, Audi and Jaguar.

31 year PCA Club member supporter
14 year Ferrari Club member
1st ever financial supporter of Porsche Fans/ Rennlist
The following users liked this post:
xHYPHENx (05-23-2020)

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Motorsport | 718 Tips!!