Suncoast Project Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 12:49 PM
SuncoastParts
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 164 Likes on 86 Posts

Fresh photo during Winterfest last weekend. Thanks to everyone who stopped by to chat. We'll be tracking again during the 48 Hours at Sebring next week.

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow our Project 718 Build Thread!

Stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter
Facebook

Old 01-25-2019, 10:36 AM
Northquest
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's my build...

Cloned ECU - stock in 0 mode, 450 Hp in sport and sport+ mode (MTO engineering, Cargraphics downpipe , BCR filter). JRZ RS Pro3, Tarett Engineering sway bars and links + +, AP Racing brakes, Endless fluid and front pads, Pagid rear, third cooler, Schrott 6 point, Competition Motorsport Club Sport bar, OZ 19" 295 rear 245 front - H&R spacer front rear, titanium pin bolts, etc. Drives better than normal on the street and is unbelievable on track. I can chose a line few other can and I can brake last of the bunch - for the most

The following 4 users liked this post by Northquest:
Cayman_Sense (06-12-2021), Mcx (02-06-2021), mlpor (02-25-2021), X2Board (11-04-2019)
Old 01-25-2019, 11:00 AM
SuncoastParts
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

That is a GREAT build! How do you like the JRZ suspension?

Originally Posted by Northquest
Here's my build...

Cloned ECU - stock in 0 mode, 450 Hp in sport and sport+ mode (MTO engineering, Cargraphics downpipe , BCR filter). JRZ RS Pro3, Tarett Engineering sway bars and links + +, AP Racing brakes, Endless fluid and front pads, Pagid rear, third cooler, Schrott 6 point, Competition Motorsport Club Sport bar, OZ 19" 295 rear 245 front - H&R spacer front rear, titanium pin bolts, etc. Drives better than normal on the street and is unbelievable on track. I can chose a line few other can and I can brake last of the bunch - for the most
Old 01-25-2019, 11:18 AM
CMS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

LOVE IT! well done 👍
Old 01-27-2019, 07:29 AM
Northquest
Advanced

Originally Posted by SuncoastParts
That is a GREAT build! How do you like the JRZ suspension?
Thanks! Yes, it has turned out fantastic and it drives like a stock car to and from the track. The shocks have surprised many. The car was tested by the same Porsche Club instructors before and after the build. They all described the car as a lot of fun in stock condition but, when driving it after the build it was literary loud laughs and screams of joy. It is unbelievable what line I can choose - and stick too - and I am chasing GT3's all day. I don't have the power to outperform, but I can push them in any twisty section and although they outperform me on the stretches I catch up again before next technical section since I can brake so much later. In the hands of a professional driver I would think that it wouldn't be many that could stay ahead.
Old 01-27-2019, 07:32 AM
Northquest
Advanced

Originally Posted by CMS
LOVE IT! well done 👍
:-) And thanks for the great roll bar! As I said before - best product and best packaging in the business.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:42 AM
SuncoastParts
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Two fresh photos from the 48 Hours at Sebring this past weekend. It was great talking with so many people over the course of 4 days at the track. Pleasure meeting Poul and chatting about his awesome Lava Orange 718 build (see above).

We did great in the Advance Solo (silver) group. 80 cars on track which is A LOT so traffic got bunched up quite often. We ticked off a 2.26 lap on Friday morning and consistent .27's and .28's the rest of the weekend. There are some fast GT3/RS's out there!

Thanks again and we'll see at the end of month with the Suncoast region PCA at Sebring

Old 02-05-2019, 11:28 AM
SEB74
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 30 Posts

Two fresh photos from the 48 Hours at Sebring this past weekend. It was great talking with so many people over the course of 4 days at the track. Pleasure meeting Poul and chatting about his awesome Lava Orange 718 build (see above).

We did great in the Advance Solo (silver) group. 80 cars on track which is A LOT so traffic got bunched up quite often. We ticked off a 2.26 lap on Friday morning and consistent .27's and .28's the rest of the weekend. There are some fast GT3/RS's out there!

Thanks again and we'll see at the end of month with the Suncoast region PCA at Sebring

nice!
is there any chance to watch somewhere video onboard?
Old 02-06-2019, 09:14 AM
SuncoastParts
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by SEB74
nice!
is there any chance to watch somewhere video onboard?

Unfortunately not. We were running Harry's LapTimer Petrolhead on a windshield mount but there's so much vibration on the windshield and combined with the new iPhones internal stabilization it was too shaky. The camera kept going in and out of focus. Even sitting at idle it couldn't focus with all the shaking from the engine. We are going to be getting a new GoPro to run better video.

Here's a clip from the quick rain shower on Friday afternoon

Old 02-09-2019, 07:14 PM
Northquest
Advanced

Thank you and the same to you guys! It was a real pleasure meeting you and great to hear your experiences! For anyone looking to do something with their 718 these guys have the experience from trying and testing and I would not hesitate for a second to get their help with a build. Nothing better than the good old “been there, done that” route. Look forward to follow this thread as it evolves and seeing you again next year! All the best! P
Old 02-22-2019, 04:00 PM
FazedChicken
Banned

Received 159 Likes on 120 Posts

Any more planned updates to this car? Specifically interested in the COBB tune. Looking into doing a cat delete + tune in the spring when the car comes out of storage, but it's so hard to find real reviews of the tune. Also, any reliability issues since installing it? I saw you mentioned the overheating but the centre radiator fixed that.
Old 02-22-2019, 06:05 PM
SuncoastParts
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by FazedChicken
Any more planned updates to this car? Specifically interested in the COBB tune. Looking into doing a cat delete + tune in the spring when the car comes out of storage, but it's so hard to find real reviews of the tune. Also, any reliability issues since installing it? I saw you mentioned the overheating but the centre radiator fixed that.
We're heading out to Sebring within the hour and temps will be in the upper 80's so we'll see how she does this weekend. We are running in White Solo and Advance Solo Black groups and have two back-to-back sessions on the schedule. We will be running GoPro video, laptimer apps, and logging with the Cobb Accessport so we'll report back on Monday. This is our last track event for two months so we're going to use the time to do some modifications.

We have a carbon wing blade on the way and we're looking into having a full exhaust built for us from the turbo back. Unfortunately the AWE Track system isn't up to the task with such constant abuse on an actual track.
Old 02-22-2019, 06:24 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 458 Posts

Whether you like the PorBaru motor or the not you can’t deny these cars are very capable on track.
Old 02-22-2019, 08:23 PM
FazedChicken
Banned

Received 159 Likes on 120 Posts

We're heading out to Sebring within the hour and temps will be in the upper 80's so we'll see how she does this weekend. We are running in White Solo and Advance Solo Black groups and have two back-to-back sessions on the schedule. We will be running GoPro video, laptimer apps, and logging with the Cobb Accessport so we'll report back on Monday. This is our last track event for two months so we're going to use the time to do some modifications.

We have a carbon wing blade on the way and we're looking into having a full exhaust built for us from the turbo back. Unfortunately the AWE Track system isn't up to the task with such constant abuse on an actual track.
Great to hear! Thanks for the quick reply. Curious what the issue is with the AWE exhaust? I currently have the same AWE track exhaust on my car for the past 18 months and was hoping to go AWE track exhaust + cat delete + COBB tune + centre radiator. You guys are definitely doing more heavy duty track days than me though. Thanks for all the great info you've shared so far!
Old 02-25-2019, 03:11 PM
SuncoastParts
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by FazedChicken
Great to hear! Thanks for the quick reply. Curious what the issue is with the AWE exhaust? I currently have the same AWE track exhaust on my car for the past 18 months and was hoping to go AWE track exhaust + cat delete + COBB tune + centre radiator. You guys are definitely doing more heavy duty track days than me though. Thanks for all the great info you've shared so far!
The issue was a little more severe than we would have hoped for. The right side tip (where a majority of the flow comes through) broke clean off at the weld ON TRACK and luckily no one hit it and it wasn't damaged. We think it flew off on a left hand turn and went right into the grass. Only one very small scuff on it so we know it didn't bounce around on the track surface. Could have been MUCH worse if there was anyone behind us. We were able to get it welded back on at the track so we could keep running and when we got home we took it to a fabrication shop to have the left side strengthened up a bit because we could see a small crack forming on that side. Unfortunately we didn't read the fine print and AWE does not warranty any products being used on track, so we're on our own for this one, hence why we're having a full exhaust built to our standards. For a street car without much abuse it's a great system, it just can't handle the extreme heat for heavy track use.

Quick Reply: Suncoast Project Car