Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suncoast Project Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2021 | 09:08 PM
wutangmo15
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nineball
was at mid-ohio again last weekend and the heat soak came on like clockwork every 15-20 mins of driving and the ambient temps were in the 60-70s. in real-world specs i lost about 25-30mph at the end of the largest straight when it kicked in.
Interesting. Just read this and checked my lap timer. Limp mode kicked in right about 15 minutes after the start of the session. Ambient for me was 65-75. I lost about 10-15mph but the longest straight was not that long where I was at.
Old 12-14-2021 | 01:35 AM
nineball
Burning Brakes

another sad update.....

https://rennlist.com/forums/718-foru...l#post17842731

Old 12-14-2021 | 03:01 PM
ldamelio
Rennlist Member

Love my car and 'only' had limp mode 3 - 4 times on very hot days in my first season of HPDE. However, I'm at the point of doing suspension upgrades, track wheels/tires, etc. and suspect that I will get limp mode more often as I progress in the sport. I absolutely have loved the car for my four years of ownership and would be sad to see it go. However, since the limp mode appears irremediable, it may be time to upgrade as I can get a GT4 for MSRP (order and wait ) and take advantage of the current inflated market for my 4 banger. A GT4 would get me buckets, adjustable suspension, bigger wheels and Cup 2s,etc. so the net cost over upgrading my car would only be about $45k and I have something brand new and timeless.
Old 12-14-2021 | 05:12 PM
nineball
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ldamelio
Love my car and 'only' had limp mode 3 - 4 times on very hot days in my first season of HPDE. However, I'm at the point of doing suspension upgrades, track wheels/tires, etc. and suspect that I will get limp mode more often as I progress in the sport. I absolutely have loved the car for my four years of ownership and would be sad to see it go. However, since the limp mode appears irremediable, it may be time to upgrade as I can get a GT4 for MSRP (order and wait ) and take advantage of the current inflated market for my 4 banger. A GT4 would get me buckets, adjustable suspension, bigger wheels and Cup 2s,etc. so the net cost over upgrading my car would only be about $45k and I have something brand new and timeless.
yep, i'm in the same boat. this was the first car i ever ordered new and spec'd the way i wanted it.

i'm curious - how can you get an allocation for a new GT4 @ MSRP? i've been calling all over the country for months and the best i have found was being #3 on a wait list but they still wanted $5k just to join the wait list and warned it would be MSRP plus an additional fee. if for some crazy reason you don't want to go that route please pm me with the info. i'm ready to plunk down my deposit today if i can get an allocation.
Old 12-14-2021 | 06:17 PM
ldamelio
Rennlist Member

yep, i'm in the same boat. this was the first car i ever ordered new and spec'd the way i wanted it.

i'm curious - how can you get an allocation for a new GT4 @ MSRP? i've been calling all over the country for months and the best i have found was being #3 on a wait list but they still wanted $5k just to join the wait list and warned it would be MSRP plus an additional fee. if for some crazy reason you don't want to go that route please pm me with the info. i'm ready to plunk down my deposit today if i can get an allocation.
Local dealer, # 6 on waiting list, $2500 for V070 demand order, 10% down on V200 confirmed allocation, MSRP balance upon arrival. Will likely be 9 - 12 months to obtain the car. They are MSRP for local customers, ADM for out of town. My current car is my only Porsche purchase with them (plus 2 Audis and one VW).

Last edited by ldamelio; 12-14-2021 at 06:19 PM.
Old 12-16-2021 | 04:34 PM
nineball
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ldamelio
Local dealer, # 6 on waiting list, $2500 for V070 demand order, 10% down on V200 confirmed allocation, MSRP balance upon arrival. Will likely be 9 - 12 months to obtain the car. They are MSRP for local customers, ADM for out of town. My current car is my only Porsche purchase with them (plus 2 Audis and one VW).
ahhhh ok, so it's a spot on a wait list not an allocation to order. same thing here. good luck!
Old 12-19-2021 | 03:51 AM
eBoosted
7th Gear

Default Fix suggestion to the overheating issue

Hello guys my name is Alan Chau, we have a car shop in Lima Peru and I've spent the last two days reading this overheating/limp mode/heatsoaking issue with a lot of interest.

It seems the issue could be solved by installing a water/meth injection kit like the AEM or Snow Performance, EGT and IAT will be lowered drastically, VTG servo should also decrease its temperature on the track and should keep the car out of heatsoaking, your tuner will have plenty more room to tune the ignition map and get more HP specially up top.

If this recommendation fix the issue you've been chasing for the last 3 years then you should consider to upgrade the stock intercooler with a bigger/more efficient air/air or a water/air intercooler to keep intake temps in control.

I'm confident you will fix the issue and really hope you try this solution before getting rid of such iconic race car.
Old 01-07-2022 | 07:36 PM
AutoFanatic43
Rennlist Member

That new wing looks really good. Is it still holding up well to street and track use? What brand is it?
Old 01-10-2022 | 08:46 AM
SuncoastParts
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by AutoFanatic43
That new wing looks really good. Is it still holding up well to street and track use? What brand is it?
It's holding up really well so far! It's a lot more sturdy then the old one. It was actually from Extreme Dimensions. We found them online and they had a carbon wing blade with a very small nick in (don't even remember where) so they let us see if it mounts up to our existing uprights and it all worked.
Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow our Project 718 Build Thread!

Stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter
Facebook

Old 01-17-2022 | 02:46 PM
UGA AV8R
Intermediate

Suncoast, if you add the wing to you need to have the factory spoiler coded out, or does it raise as normal?
Old 01-17-2022 | 07:41 PM
SuncoastParts
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by UGA AV8R
Suncoast, if you add the wing to you need to have the factory spoiler coded out, or does it raise as normal?
You can either disconnect the power or buy one of the deactivate kits from Techart. You will also need to have it coded out so it doesn't give you the warning, however, we couldn't do it the US PIWIS software. We just pulled the power and had BGB code use their Germany software to code it to deploy at 300mph so it will never display the warning.
The following users liked this post:
UGA AV8R (01-31-2022)
Old 02-02-2022 | 10:08 AM
SuncoastParts
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

We'll be on track Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday this week at the 48 Hours at Sebring. If you see us out there stop by and say hello!
Old 02-08-2022 | 08:29 PM
Cayman_Sense
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SuncoastParts
We'll be on track Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday this week at the 48 Hours at Sebring. If you see us out there stop by and say hello!
Hope it was a good track weekend. How did the car perform?
Old 02-09-2022 | 11:19 AM
SuncoastParts
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Cayman_Sense
Hope it was a good track weekend. How did the car perform?
Thanks! Amazingly we had ZERO ISSUES! This was the first track event in who knows how long that we didn't have a single issue. No limp mode problems, no tire punctures, no off track excursions!

We ran with the Advance Solo DE group during the 48 Hours at Sebring, which if you've ever participated in this event is all three PCA Suncoast Region Solo groups combined into one giant group. White, Black, Pink and you need a minimum number of Solo events to be able to drive at the 48 Hours. So as you can assume, the pace is very very fast. Multiple 992 Cup Cars, 2 new 992 GT3's, 2 GT2 RS's, countless GT3/RS's on Hoosiers, and about 20 718 and 981 GT4 Clubsports all on track at the same time. It was....intense to say the least.

We ran one 90 minute session on Thursday but our car ran out of gas at the 51 minute mark so we called it a day. That was incredible to run that long continuously without getting the dreaded limp mode. Friday and Saturday had three half hour runs. The second run on Saturday was very cold and very wet. Only 6 cars on track included our 718.

Here's a few photos from the event. We had a professional photographer buddy with us on Saturday so those photos will be coming soon.

Also a surprise visit from the Champion Porsche GT2 RS Clubsport Pikes Peak car ❤

The following 2 users liked this post by SuncoastParts:
IndigoInkTaco (02-09-2022), Soul Performance (02-09-2022)
Old 02-09-2022 | 12:09 PM
HobbitHouse
Rennlist Member

Have you changed anything recently that would lead to the limp mode being solved?

Awesome that you were able to go 51 minutes without an issue. I think at that point it would be my body being tired over the car limping out!

Quick Reply: Suncoast Project Car