Notices
718 Forum 982 (718) 2016-Current Discussions about 718 Boxster Cayman Variants
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High Gloss Black vs Jet Black Metallic wheel paint?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 12:17 PM
sobiloff
Racer

Received 208 Likes on 133 Posts
Question High Gloss Black vs Jet Black Metallic wheel paint?

Hi everyone,

I'm having a hard time seeing the difference between these two wheel paints on the 20" Carrera S wheels in the online configurator. Does anyone know of any comparison photos, or even good photos of each wheel by itself? Opinions are welcome, too!

I have a deposit down on an allocation for a Cayman GTS and am having a hard time deciding which color to go with. I want black wheels. If I go with the High Gloss Black on the wheels I'm guessing I should go for the Window Trims and Window Triangles in High Gloss Black as well? If so, that'd make me lean towards the Jet Black Metallic to avoid having the window trims painted as well.
Old 08-30-2018, 05:47 AM
donR
Pro

Received 200 Likes on 118 Posts

I haven't seen the Carrera S wheels in gloss black or metallic black. Personally I think the satin black looks fine unless you have a lot of glossy black parts on the car which you probably don't. I would think you can always get them painted gloss black later if you wanted for less than it costs you from Porsche.

I did see this very nice Cayman GTS in GT Silver with the Carrera Sport wheels in gloss black. This car also has gloss black sports design package so I think it looks ery good but I don't think the extra cost is worth it. GT silver looks great with satin black wheels.
What colour will your car be?

Cayman 718 GTS in GT Silver with Gloss Black Carrera Sport Wheels

I also took some photos of the Satin black wheels on a white GTS, also looks great.

Satin Black Carrera S Wheels
Old 08-30-2018, 04:41 PM
sobiloff
Racer

Thanks, DonR!
Old 08-31-2018, 10:13 AM
msacks
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's a photo from my car, I have the high gloss black wheels you're looking for. This is my daily driver, so sorry the wheels are a bit dirty.

Old 08-31-2018, 12:33 PM
sobiloff
Racer

THANK YOU msacks! That indeed is the look I want. Did you happen to get the "Window Trims and Window Triangles in High Gloss Black" option as well? Frankly I'm not even sure what those parts are, since the online configurator doesn't seem to show a change when you select that option.
Old 08-31-2018, 01:02 PM
msacks
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sobiloff
THANK YOU msacks! That indeed is the look I want. Did you happen to get the "Window Trims and Window Triangles in High Gloss Black" option as well? Frankly I'm not even sure what those parts are, since the online configurator doesn't seem to show a change when you select that option.
Hi, mine is a base model, I bought it off the lot as it was configured with most of what I would have ordered had I gone that route, my car has the wheels you were inquiring about, but not the Window Trim/Triangles.

Here's a picture of what the Porsche Window Trims and Window Triangles in High Gloss Black Porsche Exclusive Manufakture is:

Old 08-31-2018, 06:26 PM
sobiloff
Racer

Thank you again, msacks!

Quick Reply: High Gloss Black vs Jet Black Metallic wheel paint?