New Member Intro

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 10:00 AM
pawcio
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New Member Intro

Hi Everyone,

Wanted to introduce myself. A few weeks ago I got delivery of a 2018 718 Cayman. I'm new to Porsche with my previous/current cars being VW, BMW & Audi. I've been quite active on other forums in the past and just joined rennlist yesterday. Looking forward to some good discussions here! Cheers.

Last edited by pawcio; 05-04-2018 at 10:15 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-04-2018, 11:08 AM
Klepper
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 138 Posts

Congratulations and welcome! Now post some pics of the new car!
Old 05-04-2018, 02:55 PM
pawcio
Track Day

Originally Posted by Klepper
Congratulations and welcome! Now post some pics of the new car!
Thank you!

Old 05-04-2018, 02:58 PM
Klepper
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 138 Posts

Nice! I like the white gauges.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:35 PM
Guaji
Racer

Received 282 Likes on 149 Posts

Congratulations. My first Porsche too. I look for an excuse to drive it anywhere.....great car and I enjoy educating myself more on Porsche history. Enjoy the 718.
Old 05-11-2018, 09:00 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

Piling on with the welcome and congrats!

You always remember your first

Maybe share some driving impressions when you get a chance. Would be curious to have your thoughts on perceived quality of build compared to the other German makes you own/owned.

Enjoy!
Old 05-15-2018, 03:27 PM
pawcio
Track Day

Having only had the car for less than a month, I can give some elementary comparisons. Also, the Porsche is the most modern of all the previous German cars I've owned so there is always the pace of progress that makes it stand out more. I'm likely also bias towards some aspects of having the Porsche. Particularly, I very much missed MT and RWD before getting the 718. The quattro system on the Audi is fantastic in terms of its purpose & function but I don't like the feeling of it compared to RWD which I had previously in my BMW. I didn't really have complaints about build quality in any of the cars I've owned. I think Audi had the nicest interior design and quality for quite a few years although I also test-drove Mercedes, Audi, BMW and Jaguar before ordering the 718 and I have to say that Mercedes have stepped up their game with their interiors and I like their modern look. BMW is always a bit behind in that aspect but the driving is good. To me the 718 interior is a step up from the previous generation Cayman, but still could have something more to offer compared to Audi and Mercedes. I didn't get the car for it's interior (which I still think is very nice), but for the handing and responsiveness of the drive, which so far has been fantastic. I plan to do a few longer road trips this summer as well so I should have more to say about that later on, but so far the feel and feedback from the steering wheel and road feel is very impressive.

Quick Reply: New Member Intro