Group buy for silver crests

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 02:21 AM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,033 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by Spartan
I'm in
I'd be in too but then my wheelcaps won't match!

PS; Spartan stop teasing us with your avatar and signature! POST PICS, DETAILS, AND ANYTHING ELSE TO DO WITH THAT AWESOME MACHINE!
Old 03-27-2009, 02:36 AM
travanx
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am interested as well. Where in socal is the shop?
Old 03-27-2009, 01:53 PM
timabe
Instructor

IMO we should go with the local guy. With a bunch of Rennlisters doing a group buy he'll probably bend over backwards to deliver. The unknown eBay guy (who I'm sure is fine too), not so much.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:31 PM
993Coupe
Instructor

Originally Posted by timabe
IMO we should go with the local guy. With a bunch of Rennlisters doing a group buy he'll probably bend over backwards to deliver. The unknown eBay guy (who I'm sure is fine too), not so much.
agreed.......even though I'm not "local".....in a geographical sense.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:06 PM
sidned
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Paul K
All:

It sounds like we need to decide who we're going to buy from? I am more concerned about quality than price- are the $80 and $100 units identical?

Darren:

If you have your crest mailed to me, I'll forward it to you in the UK. Shouldn't be much. Actually, my in-laws will be in the UK next month so they could mail it when they're over. Let me know.

Cheers,

Paul.
Thanks Paul! That would be great. In that case I'm in for 1!
Old 03-27-2009, 09:04 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice. There were some really funky colored EXPENSIVE (as in overpriced $150 +++) crests from this German seller on EBay a few weeks ago:

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/michael_keil/
Old 03-27-2009, 09:59 PM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I called Eli again and he'll send me the info to set up the buy. He's done group buys before. They have three actual storefronts here and he will give everybody the usual one week for returns if unsatisfied. He told me they have been selling them about 4 years [edit: 10 years] now with no complaints. He has one on his car. [edit: it's been on his car for 6 years]

fyi, they are located in the San Gabriel Valley of LA. Specifically Monterey Park, which is near South Pasadena and south of Alhambra (where Phil Spector lives in a big mansion and is now waiting/sweating it out for the jury's verdict in his second-degree murder re-trial )

Once the contact info and promo code is posted then it's up to each person to follow through individually. The final price he quoted is now $103 [edit: $100] which includes shipping, new gasket, and speed nuts. But if there's a full count that follows through, he's still willing to try to get it lower. For those outside the 48 states, you just have to make shipping arrangements with him when you place the order.

It's closing time here (5:30 pm) but I'll post as soon as he emails me the info.

Last edited by Canyon56; 03-28-2009 at 11:42 AM. Reason: details corrected
Old 03-28-2009, 03:15 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig - RennStore.com
funky colored crests
FWIW...
Porsche 911 912 914 928 Hood Crest Badge "ALL BLACK"
ORIGINAL FIRE ENAMELED "PORSCHE HOODCREST - ART"

$105 Porsche 911 912 914 928 Hood Crest Badge YELLOW/BLACK

Old 03-28-2009, 04:07 AM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[Please note: a new thread has been started with the same ordering info listed below https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...er-crests.html
Please go there and post once you've made your order. That way there will be an accurate head count.]

Here's the ordering info from Eli at FastFoward (pcars.com is the 'mothership' and FastForward does all their service work.) From my last count it looks like we do have 20 in. Please read carefully and understand the terms. As I mentioned I have no affiliation and already bought my crest (for full retail )

I'll put up a new thread with this info and a link to this thread for others who missed this and might want in.

Note that he says March 3rd to April 13th. I'm assuming he means today, March 27th(?) Nonetheless, the group buy concludes on April 13th. However, I'll be sure to clarify that with him on Monday. But do act soon with your purchases.

Here is the information I have regarding the silver crest group buy which you can pass on to the guys.

Pcars is dedicated to assisting Porsche owners get the parts they need at a great price while providing service which is matched with the vehicles "we" drive.

The group buy will be as follows: All orders placed "ON-LINE" at Pcars: http://pcars.com/porsche_parts/shop....it/p_2071.html

Will be given discounts as follows:

5 or more $115 plus $5 shipping
10 or more $110 plus $5 shipping
15 or more $100 plus $5 shipping
20 or more $100 shipped.

We highly recommend insurance for your orders, please indicate during your check out.

We understand that there are a few other vendors floating around selling some with sub-standard materials which fade sometimes in under one year... Let me assure you that these are not those nor are they the ebay ones. I've known and have worked with our supplier for around ten years now and can tell you these are the ones to have. I have had one personally mounted on my 996 for around six years now and have not had the slightest of fading or any issues. As a matter of fact I have one on my desk right now waiting to be put on my Turbo Cayenne next week...

We will give a window from Monday March 3rd till April 13th, 2009 at which time we will total up the orders we have and make charges accordingly.

Please note, when you make your purchase you agree to the terms listed here, so if we only get 6-buyers from the group you will be billed out on April the 13th for $120 shipped. On the other hand if we have a group total of 22 you will be billed out at $100 shipped.

When placing you order indicate "RENN-BUY-RPK09" in the comments section, this will let us know you are part of the group buy and your billing will be put on hold. Due to the hard-ship of keeping counts it's best if you guys would post on the forums a head-count. During check out the price will be listed at the normal rate, disregard this as you are now part of the group-buy by using the group-buy code. DON'T FORGET TO PUT THE CODE IN, IF YOU DON'T YOU'LL BE BILLED OUT AT FULL-PRICE AND YOUR ORDER WILL SHIP OUT.

Keep in mind, if you wait till the last minute to place your order you may forget, I know it's been done in the past. We want to keep it simple for all so take advantage and spread the word around!!! DEAD-LINE APRIL 13TH, ALL ORDERS WILL SHIP OUT ON APRIL 14TH, 2009 unless otherwise revised.

If you have any further question please send them to us at: sales@pcars.com

Sincerely,

Eli S.
Pcars Inc.
www.pcars.com

Last edited by Canyon56; 03-28-2009 at 12:12 PM. Reason: more info added

Quick Reply: Group buy for silver crests