Porsche 356 Speedster Replica - Wedding day request ad

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 01:29 PM
Snail
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche 356 Speedster Replica - Wedding day request ad

Dear all,

So my fiancé and I have been engaged for a little while now. We were hoping on having her mother’s Mercedes 300SE as our wedding car, but that didn’t pan out.

She gave me the task of finding our wedding car, so I started to dream. The strongest expression of my passion for life, love, beauty and motorsports is the majestic and almost mythical Porsche 356 Speedster. I’ve been totally infatuated with a generous part of the Porsche brand since I was a kid, but the 356 Speedster holds a special place in my heart.

Many companies have built replicas for a small fraction of the price of the real thing, and they look absolutely stunning. The only problem is finding such a car, and then finding someone who would be willing to lend it to us complete strangers for that day, or weekend.

I’ve started asking around the 356 and Porsche community with only negative replies. I was told to put out an ad, as maybe that would result in some luck.

So here is my ad that I’m placing, in several automotive forums.

I’m looking for a place or individual who would be kind enough to lend us their Porsche 356 Speedster Replica (in exchange for a fee of course) for our wedding day. Of course, I can’t afford even a replicated car, but it would mean quite a bit to my fiancé and I if we could borrow one.

I’ve always appreciated sports cars, their details and the hard work their owners have put into them, so I would treat any borrowed item like my own; with the utmost respect and care.

My fiancé and I are planning on getting married on August 20th, 2016 in Montréal, Québec. I don’t know if there’s anyone on this forum who owns, or know someone who owns a replica, because a real 356 Speedster is damn near unobtainable and even if it were, I doubt the owner would ever let a total stranger within 5 feet of it.

If you could pass this message on to your members in the area, or possible connections to shops or companies interested, I would be very grateful.

The only requirements I was given by my fiancé is that it couldn’t be red, or any flashy colour. Silver or white is by far the most desirable, but even black or dark green would be considered.

Because rule #1

Best regards,
James
Old 06-19-2015, 03:25 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

You should check the 356 Registry (although its more of a purist group and not into replicas) and maybe local Porsche clubs. Real Speedsters are so damn expensive these days I think you would have a very difficult time finding anyone. I don't know if there are any replica groups but you might search around.
Old 06-19-2015, 11:52 AM
911Königin
Rennlist Member

Received 526 Likes on 300 Posts

I like the way you think

I will try to find the name of it, but it is a rental car company where people place their (nice) cars to be rented out. You are renting from the owner of the car - and the company just hooks you up.

OH!! And there is a forest green for sale here on RL
Old 06-19-2015, 02:41 PM
RxPorsche
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Go to this site: http://www.speedsterowners.com/
Old 06-21-2015, 08:46 AM
Snail
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Karen England
I like the way you think

I will try to find the name of it, but it is a rental car company where people place their (nice) cars to be rented out. You are renting from the owner of the car - and the company just hooks you up.

OH!! And there is a forest green for sale here on RL
Oh really? Maybe the one you're thinking of is http://942limo.com/contact.html. Someone else just suggested I try it out and see what comes up; you never know.

As for the for Speedster for sale, I'll gladly check it out, but for me, it'll be more

Originally Posted by RxPorsche
Thanks a lot! I've already got quite a few responses! Unfortunately, none in my area, but I'll be patient.

Originally Posted by jcnesq
You should check the 356 Registry (although its more of a purist group and not into replicas) and maybe local Porsche clubs. Real Speedsters are so damn expensive these days I think you would have a very difficult time finding anyone. I don't know if there are any replica groups but you might search around.
Yeah, that's part of the problem. I'm trying to find a way to talk to people who have $40-50k replicas as opposed to $300k showroom pieces. Thanks for the advice!
Old 07-12-2015, 05:22 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 552 Likes on 290 Posts

Back years ago when I owned Exclusive Motors here in Charlotte, we were a Beck Speedster dealer. Nascar driver Kurt Busch wanted to do exactly what you want: rent a Speedster replica for his (first) wedding. When asked what we would charge, I had no idea...(like he couldn't have just bought it???) I told him all I wanted was a picture of him and his wife in the car, signed by both of them.

Here's what I got, Signed by Kurt and Eva, framed and all!

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 09-19-2015, 01:09 AM
Kirkwoodloyal
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fantastic
Old 09-19-2015, 11:17 AM
Norse_man
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by naroescape
Back years ago when I owned Exclusive Motors here in Charlotte, we were a Beck Speedster dealer. Nascar driver Kurt Busch wanted to do exactly what you want: rent a Speedster replica for his (first) wedding. When asked what we would charge, I had no idea...(like he couldn't have just bought it???) I told him all I wanted was a picture of him and his wife in the car, signed by both of them.

Here's what I got, Signed by Kurt and Eva, framed and all!

great picture. wonder if they consummated the marriage in the car
Old 09-23-2015, 12:54 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 552 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by Norse_man
great picture. wonder if they consummated the marriage in the car
I really don't want to know that....but the marriage didn't last so..???

Quick Reply: Porsche 356 Speedster Replica - Wedding day request ad