Sponsored by:

Asking prices 356B coupes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 09:34 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Asking prices 356B coupes?

Hello all, been on RL in some other rooms and I have not posted in this section before. I have a 63 356B that has been in getting some body rust issues taken care of for a while. Its getting ready to go into to paint soon and hopefully be reassembled (all windows and interior have been removed) over the next 6 months as time allows. I'm going to sell as I just am not comfortable driving in it now safety wise with my 9 year old and I'm not quite sure where prices are falling now and need some input? It's a matching numbers (per C.O.A.) silver with red interior, 60Hp engine runs great but I know it was the "base" engine available. Jack points and a couple of exterior panels needed repair work...floors were stripped of undercoating and carpets removed and floors were solid from front to back probably had been replaced before I bought her 4 years ago. The front tray also needed replacement but other than that its all there and is coming along. Obviously asking price will be based on condition but any thoughts on a range based on above?
Old 09-23-2014, 07:43 AM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

List it on e-bay for 80k and see what folks bid. Personally...I would keep it.

Trust me when i tell you that later in your life you will regret selling this car. It will go down in your "car" memory as the worst decision you ever made.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:24 AM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by points
List it on e-bay for 80k and see what folks bid. Personally...I would keep it.

Trust me when i tell you that later in your life you will regret selling this car. It will go down in your "car" memory as the worst decision you ever made.
Nope can't possibly replace the regret of Ferrari 250 lusso I sold in 2005 ...in my humble opinion the most beautiful car ever made. And of course I can't afford to get one back now as they are worth 5 times what I sold mine for?
Old 09-23-2014, 11:15 AM
dave292
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 115 Posts

Keep it. They continue to creep upward.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:21 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sccchiii
Nope can't possibly replace the regret of Ferrari 250 lusso I sold in 2005 ...in my humble opinion the most beautiful car ever made. And of course I can't afford to get one back now as they are worth 5 times what I sold mine for?
What year was that Lusso; was it a quad cam and what "Number" would it, should it (?) Be rated at Hagerty's Insurance?

Regardless even if the car was a Four with a rat investation I feel for your loss...
Old 09-24-2014, 04:31 PM
wachen
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 2014-2015 edition of Excellence magazine's Buyers Guide pegged "Good" condition B coupes at ~$85,000 ("excellent" condition ones at ~$110,000)

Hagerty's website says $87,000 for Condition 2 63 Coupe with normal engine.

I don't know how much faith to put on these guides but use them as data points in addition to what you see in the market.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:44 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
What year was that Lusso; was it a quad cam and what "Number" would it, should it (?) Be rated at Hagerty's Insurance?

Regardless even if the car was a Four with a rat investation I feel for your loss...
Lusso was a 64, it was a driver maybe condition number 3 possibly a 4 and was needing a restoration soon (to do it properly I would not have been able to afford at the time) and I'm really super sick now if I am to believe the hagery's numbers wow
Old 10-26-2014, 10:44 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

She just came out of paint booth today....
Attached Images   
Old 10-27-2014, 02:50 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Originally Posted by wachen
The 2014-2015 edition of Excellence magazine's Buyers Guide pegged "Good" condition B coupes at ~$85,000 ("excellent" condition ones at ~$110,000)

Hagerty's website says $87,000 for Condition 2 63 Coupe with normal engine.

I don't know how much faith to put on these guides but use them as data points in addition to what you see in the market.
Hagerty has three guys on the payroll roaming all over at the meets and auctions and doing general research. As for old cars go their price guide would be defacto. But just because, for instance, they say a number 2 car is going for $95K doesn't mean you can't get $105K for the same car. They know that the values of these cars are in constant flux. Especially anything 70's and older and in decent condition. Like the 250 Lusso listed above... should have waited because that car is off the graph practically regardless of condition. Condition one's are about $2.1MM, Condition 2 car's are about $1.8MM for the Lusso. Which amazingly is on the low end for a 250GT car. Though they did note that the car was larger inside and out for more room/more comfort! Can you imagine that now where a car manufacturer would make a bigger car overall, not just Longer like the newer Audi's and Panamera's which tend to be more of being a prestige car in the Asian markets. I don't think they sell to well outside of Asia.

Hope you got a good $250K-$350K for that Lusso. It doesn't really matter what condition any 250 GT, of any kind, is in someone will restore it and still make a damn good prophet off of it!
Old 11-04-2014, 09:16 AM
sophie18
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey http://www.theautopartsshop.com/ try this site it may help you. It provides all auto parts with 2 years warranty and free shipping.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:20 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Take your pick from Hagerty's Valuation tool

http://www.hagerty.com/valuationtool...port?vc=912831

Right now a Condition 1 can go for around $113K.

Do you really have a need to sell the car. With all the stories of regret of parting ways, especially that 250 Ferrari - though even Enzo said that the Jaguar XKE was the most beautiful Car he's ever seen; just imagine that.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:38 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Restored, 65k low, 85k high.
All depends on the quality of the restoration and the COA.

Quick Reply: Asking prices 356B coupes?