Sponsored by:

WTB 356A

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 08:07 PM
ponzzzz
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default WTB 356A

Looking four a 356A, could be either a perfect, just restored car or a driver...Must have all matching numbers and correct color codes if restored... Looking for silver, white, green or rare colors...Not crazy about red or black..

Thanks for any info,
Peter
Old 05-23-2014, 08:51 PM
doublecabmel
Three Wheelin'

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

do you have a budget in mind? these cars can range from $10,000 - $1million+
Old 05-23-2014, 09:48 PM
ponzzzz
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, yes you are right....Forgot to say coupe...im open depending on the condition but nothing on the extreme side.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:50 PM
voda
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Join the 356 Registry. Good classified section IMO. When you find a car, just ask the Registry members and you'll find that everyone pretty much knows everyone else, and you'll get opinions you can use in making your decision. It is a great forum.

Also the periodical is great. Last month's had a tour of CA shops that could be helpful to you in your search. In each issue auction results are analysed, and reading the in depth analysis can help you know what to look for.

When I found a 356 I was interested in, which happened to be located in CA (many are), one of the active member who is a avid collector and extremely knowledgeable actually offered to drive an hour out his way and do a PPI for FREE (he is involved in a restoration shop specializing in 356's in CA and just a flat out nice, honest guy). The seller of the car actually knew of this person and at first was reluctant to have him inspect the car because he felt he had an honest solid car and the individual conducting the PPI is a concour and is know for being very picky. Needless to say, I had him inspect the car (I did purchase him a nice gift for what a PPI would have cost). I purchased the car on his recommendation and had it shipped. When the car arrived, my guy looked at it, and he had nothing but positive things to say about the car's excellent condition (originality and lack of any body repairs and lack of rust), and that car is in my collection.... As you can see it is red. I didn't want a red car (was going for silver or black) but I think what you'll find is that color comes a distant 2nd to finding a car that is in impeccable condition. There are a lot of bondo-jobs and tarted-up cars out there, so be careful.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:54 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who was the guy who did the PPI?
Old 05-30-2014, 10:54 AM
dave292
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 117 Posts

"A's" have really gone up. You can still find some great cars but they will probably be in the $65 -$120K range. There's a 59 Cab for sale in the 356Registry Classified currently that is in Santa Barbara Calif.

Quick Reply: WTB 356A