Sponsored by:

356 Spare parts book

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 11:23 PM
nicholas-a-s
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 356 Spare parts book

Hi all, new here. Im in Australia and am wondering how hard is it to find a genuine 356A/carrera/coupe/speedster spare parts book? looking forward to any input. regards, nicholas
Old 10-22-2011, 05:32 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

You can get a free pdf of the official factory parts catalogue here: http://www.porsche.com/all/media/pdf...59_KATALOG.pdf

You can buy a good quality reproduction here: http://derwhites356literature.com/De...Literature.htm (Charlie is a good guy! These are good quality reprints (maybe better than the pdf download.) But shipping might be pricey.)

If you truly want an original parts catalogue, then ebay is probably your best bet to find a copy. You can set up a permanent search and ebay will notify you when and if a listing meets your criteria.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:22 PM
nicholas-a-s
3rd Gear

Ok thanks for reply. The reason I ask is because I have a genuine 1957 Porsche Factory spare parts book in brand new condition which I have had sinve 1980 when I had my 356. I also have the factory diff setup tool in its original woden box. I am gauging what sort of money they are worth to sell, not worth to give away, as I know how rare stuff like this is. Again any feed back is great. Regards, Nicholas
Old 11-14-2011, 09:53 PM
Bruce Schwarrtz
3rd Gear

Nicolas: I am from Stoddard Porsche Parts in Cleveland Ohio. I can send you one of our 356 catalogs that may be of some assistance. Me e-mail is bschwartz@stoddard.com. Or, you can check our website at www.stoddard.com

All the best,

Bruce Schwartz
Old 11-15-2011, 07:18 AM
nicholas-a-s
3rd Gear

thanks for reply bruce. However as i posted previously, my parts book is a factory genuine NOT A REPRINT, May 1957 parts book covering 356a coupe, cabrio and carrera.Thought it might be a nice addition to a concourse car that just might give it the edge over competitor of similar standard.Also is a great reference when arguing the finer points of whats genuine original and whats not. If any interrest, please do not hesitate to email me or message me here. Regards, nicholas

Quick Reply: 356 Spare parts book