replica romance: welded bliss?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 06:58 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Talking replica romance: welded bliss?

Who here had a 356 at their wedding? Any pics to share?

I wanted a 356 Speedster to drive off in at my wedding.
...This just confirmed what an absolute romantic I am

For all pics & story: dailyMail.co.uk's "A bride's welded bliss: How she built Porsche from wrecked VW for her big day."

Originally Posted by Sadie Whitelocks

it was her childhood dream to arrive at her wedding in a classic Porsche.
Now the 26-year-old has done exactly that – not by hiring one, as any bride might, but by building her own from a clapped-out Volkswagen Beetle.
She spent six years painstakingly transforming the 40-year-old VW into a Porsche 356

paid £200 for the wreck before stripping it down to the chassis and meticulously rebuilding it virtually from scratch, donning blue overalls, getting covered in grime and grease, and spending £4,000 in the process.
The stunning vehicle now features a white leather interior with a mahogany finish, has a 356 body shell, and includes an authentic steering wheel and speedometer. It is valued at £25,000.

‘My Mum and Dad have been buying various parts for the car for birthday and Christmas presents for the past six years.’
Her father added: ‘We’re all into classic cars and it was a very proud day for all of us. Megan’s Porsche replica is her pride and joy.’

Quick Reply: replica romance: welded bliss?