Sponsored by:

Down On The Street 356

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 01:45 PM
DOOBIEdoo
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Down On The Street 356

Just though I would share a cool article from my favorite car nerd blog, Jalopnik. In their DOTS articles they prowl around and check out the interesting cars parked in the streets of Alameda, California. I've been a long time reader on Rennlist, but I usually hangout over at the 944 forums. Now that my waterpump is out, I don't have much to do besides cruise the interwebs.

http://jalopnik.com/5371760/rust-bad...ornia-356-good

I can't say I'm too sure about the Dead Kennedy's sticker in the windshield, but I think the rest of the car is pretty neat. I like to see a 356 with some patina
Old 10-06-2009, 02:05 PM
Dave DE
Racer

Nice car. Can't believe they park it on the street, but I guess things are different in CA.

Maybe it's just me, but I think it is not cool that the site shows the tag # of the car. Seems like that would facilitate theft of the car if a site visitor was so inclined.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:38 PM
bleucamaro
Drifting

I like seeing a survivor car as much as the next guy, but I feel bad for it that its not parked indoors, but to each their own.

Originally Posted by Dave DE
Nice car. Can't believe they park it on the street, but I guess things are different in CA.

Maybe it's just me, but I think it is not cool that the site shows the tag # of the car. Seems like that would facilitate theft of the car if a site visitor was so inclined.
Do you take your license plate off whenever you park your car at the grocery store, or go to a car show, or drive around? After all some thief might see your car's licence plate and track you down. . . absurd.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:14 PM
Dave DE
Racer

The scenerio I was thinking of is that someone looking at the site could use the plate # to get the address of the car via dmv records. So they have pics of the car and know where to find it without leaving the comfort of home. I assume this information will be on the site for a significant period of time. Given that there are a lot more people that will visit a web site over time than will happen to be in a parking lot for the short time a car might be visiting, it didn't seem absurd to me. Particularly since it would be a minor inconvenience to the web site to blank out the tag.

Just my absurd opinion...

Quick Reply: Down On The Street 356