356 Art

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 07:40 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 141 Posts
Default 356 Art

A coworker made this for me and delivered it today. This is from the very first brochure from 48 or 49 I believe. The image itself is 9.5" X 13" I likey.......
Old 01-30-2009, 11:02 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

""The Gmund Brochure" above is probably one of the first formal brochures printed by Porsche in mid-1948, and is clearly one of the rarest, if not the rarest, Porsche sales brochure ever published. It is commonly known as the "Gmund Brochure" and is a simple four page folder with black and white drawings on a red background. Inside and on the back cover are more drawings (the convertible version is shown below), and technical information. The artwork was done by Ernst von Demar who also did the artwork on other Porsche brochures. DerWhite's rarity index for this brochure is the maximum XXXXXX!"

http://derwhites356literature.com/
Old 01-31-2009, 03:15 AM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cactus, that's really a lovely. What medium did they use?
Old 01-31-2009, 04:01 AM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

jcnesq,
"Thanks" for the link....I just "wasted" 2 hours looking at porsche brochures, checking ebay for posters, looking at ebay.de just to see what the Germans were selling...

There is no substitute...for the addiction!
Old 01-31-2009, 07:29 AM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by jcnesq
""The Gmund Brochure" above is probably one of the first formal brochures printed by Porsche in mid-1948, and is clearly one of the rarest, if not the rarest, Porsche sales brochure ever published. It is commonly known as the "Gmund Brochure" and is a simple four page folder with black and white drawings on a red background. Inside and on the back cover are more drawings (the convertible version is shown below), and technical information. The artwork was done by Ernst von Demar who also did the artwork on other Porsche brochures. DerWhite's rarity index for this brochure is the maximum XXXXXX!"

http://derwhites356literature.com/
Wow thanks for the link. Bookmarked for hours of winter reading!!

Cactus, that's really a lovely. What medium did they use?
I am not an artist but I would say chalk/pastel???? It is not "finished" so you cannot touch it.

Thanks" for the link....I just "wasted" 2 hours looking at porsche brochures, checking ebay for posters, looking at ebay.de just to see what the Germans were selling... There is no substitute...for the addiction!
+356,993!
Old 02-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was browsing through a copy of the registry from August last year and noticed the 'European Collectibles' advertisement used this same famous cover.

It was apparent to me that the artwork used in their ad was similiar to the art your coworker created, in that the front of the car is more 'angled' than the real thing giving it a sleeker, faster look. Is it possible that the source of the art in the ad was used as inspiration as opposed to the original "Gmund Brochure" ? Or, I wonder, is it possible that there is something about the shape of the 356 and an artists natural desire to create a sense of speed that has caused both artists to make the same changes in their representation? Just thinking out loud...

Quick Reply: 356 Art