Notices
356 Forum 1948-1965
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone going to the LAX Porsche Memo Meet this Saturday?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 12:37 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 352 Likes on 156 Posts
Question Anyone going to the LAX Porsche Memo Meet this Saturday?

Just wonderin'.............

We'll be there. It would be cool to meet some fellow/fellowette Rennie's there.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:35 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Hey KED and FGL28.... nice meeting y'all this weekend

See ya Next year and MAYBE it won't be raining for the Swap Meet.
We skipped it entirely. Actually we drove to Costa Mesa, checked into the hotel, drove by the Swap Meet location, went to dinner, Checked OUT of the hotel and drove home. We did really well at the Memorabilia meet so there was no reason for us to even chance ruining the rest of our stuff but putting it on wet concrete on Sunday.....

Did you guys find anything that you couldn't live without?
Old 02-26-2008, 01:38 PM
ked
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

great to see you & Robert, too (I told you I had some 356 nut case friends...)! these events are a must-do every so often for any 356 enthusiast in the world - it was packed - a blast... meeting & talking w/ so many experts at the same time & place - many for the first time. and the shops - wow... the RS60 tucked away at GT Werke was a pleasant surprise to say the least, and crawling all over Willhoit's - what quality! EC's new place is Quite Impressive (& 2 300SLs to boot). variety & friendliness unmatched.

a 356 spiritual rat-race across the LA Basin for 3 days! I learned more than I bought (bought some books, of course - & for those who've never been there, gotta check out Autobooks in Burbank), it allowed me to better formulate my future projects w/ clarity & hard knowledge. I know more about who to talk w/ to find a certain piece, engage a service, observe emerging trends, get to see so many variants of the 356 (A Coupes are all the rage), esp color combos, rare options, outlaw & hot rod motors.

we got to the Swap as things were closing down at noon Sunday (rain, & it was a long way from Burbank, where I was staying w/ my bro...), but even that was fine - met w/ Steve Demosthenes (Route 30) & Russ Rodriguez (Fibersteel) who addressed some specific interests I have... of course, whole cars for sale is always fun - a wonderful 356 overload weekend!

here's a shot from Willhoit's...
Attached Images  

Last edited by ked; 02-26-2008 at 02:54 PM. Reason: added photo
Old 02-26-2008, 09:08 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

As always, it was great to see Robert and JoAnne at the Lit show. Sorry I didn't get to meet ked and FGL28 - maybe next time.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:03 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by jcnesq
As always, it was great to see Robert and JoAnne at the Lit show. Sorry I didn't get to meet ked and FGL28 - maybe next time.

BTW: It was great to see you again Jim. I didn't mention you in my previous post since I didn't just meet you.... I KNEW you already!!!

Is the Porsche Barbie Boxster still in one piece? I bet Colin's models are not! LOL!

Last edited by RJT; 02-27-2008 at 12:10 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:53 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT
BTW: It was great to see you again Jim. I didn't mention you in my previous post since I didn't just meet you.... I KNEW you already!!!

Is the Porsceh Barbie Boxster still in one piece? I bet Colin's models are not! LOL!
Yes, the Barbie Boxster is still in one piece - Mackennzie is guarding it closely to keep it away from Collin. BTW, when I left the show, a Porsche enthusiast was in the elevator and he used to work for Mattel - he pointed out that it has a working top - rear trunk opens and the top comes up and out!

Surprisingly, Collin's models are pretty durable, and he is carrying them everywhere. He calls them his "race cars".

Quick Reply: Anyone going to the LAX Porsche Memo Meet this Saturday?