Sponsored by:

1960 Super 90 Valuation Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 08:25 PM
billd17
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1960 Super 90 Valuation Question

I've come across a 1960 Super 90 and would appreciate advice on what people think its worth.

The good:
The interior is nearly perfect - I could not find anything to object to.
The engine and transmission are recently rebuilt and seem to run fine.
The body is rust-free except for one little bubble on the drivers side fender just below the antenna.

The bad:
Not a numbers matching car
I can't find the serial number plate in the front trunk. I looked on the passenger side next to the tank and on the cross member where the number is stamped and
no plate.
The body has numerous small dings. The worst of these is around the passenger side headlight. The headlight is pushed in a few mm and does not seal and the signal light below the headlight is bent slightly down. There is a fist-sized dent under the front bumper, a fist-sized dent in the driver's door, and the rear bumper is bent.
The oil temp gauge doesn't work
The brake pedal goes nearly to the floor before any braking happens.

VMR suggests that a 1960 Super-90 in #1 condition would be worth about 31. If I deduct 5K for the body work, a new master cylinder, and a gauge rebuild at Palo Alto Speedometer, I come to about 26K.

What do others think?
Old 12-15-2007, 11:22 PM
Stratman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

20 at best. But then I'd like to think my 63 with a Maestro massaged motor perfect interior but ratty paint would be worth 20-25

Quick Reply: 1960 Super 90 Valuation Question