Bogus 356 Buyer From Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 09:21 PM
Tony356993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bogus 356 Buyer From Las Vegas

With the help of many folks from around the country, I have uncovered a bogus 356 buyer from Las Vegas. Here is his MO. He will call and ask about the car and want documents and see if the car can be inspected by someone. He will arrange for an inspection from a well known 356 expert (and usually never pays the expert) and then offers to buy the car. At this point info is exchanged for wiring the money then he tries to change the deal or never follows through. I have not found one person that has actually sold him a car. I know there are a lot of tire kickers in this world but this fellow is wasting a lot of nice folks time. The 356 world is pretty small and we generally look out for each other. If you get an inquiry from a fellow from Vegas and his 1st name is only initials, keep on looking for a buyer and do not waste your time. If he calls you and wants you to look at a car for him, get your money up front. It's all a scam. Sorry for the rant but I spoke with about 12 folks from the registry talk list today alone that have had time wasted by this individual.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:14 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 352 Likes on 156 Posts

Did he get your banking information??

Wow.... Thanks for the heads up. Wonder if he only 'pretends' to want to buy 356's or other Porsche's too??
Old 11-14-2007, 08:23 AM
JonesnSince78
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting, in his latest newsletter, Jim Kellogg writes about a fellow from L.V. with a weird first name being interested in his shop Speedster. Hope he's plugged into this discussion!

Quick Reply: Bogus 356 Buyer From Las Vegas