auto transport help

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 02:33 PM
camchain
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default auto transport help

Hello All,
I need to have a car shipped from Newark, NJ to Denver, Colorado. The car should have cleared customs on August 28. It must be in Denver by September 14 at the very latest. It's not a 356 but will require (and be worthy of) the absolute best of care. Please let me know of any shippers you may have had good results with. The big boys, Passport (fedex) Horseless Carriage, Intercity etc. are not our preference.
Thank you,
Ron Hetherington
Old 08-06-2007, 02:42 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

I highly recommend DeMoise (www.demoise.com); they hauled my 356 from Fla. to L.A., great service, and they have hauled cars for at least 5-6 friends, all with great results. Call Bill DeMoise and get a quote and time frame. You can mention Jim in L.A., Scott in L.A., Tony in Dallas, Robert & JoAnne in Arkansas and I'm sure he'll treat you right. (No affiliation.)
Old 08-06-2007, 03:03 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 350 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by jcnesq
I highly recommend DeMoise (www.demoise.com); they hauled my 356 from Fla. to L.A., great service, and they have hauled cars for at least 5-6 friends, all with great results. Call Bill DeMoise and get a quote and time frame. You can mention Jim in L.A., Scott in L.A., Tony in Dallas, Robert & JoAnne in Arkansas and I'm sure he'll treat you right. (No affiliation.)

What Jim said!!!!
Old 08-07-2007, 12:40 PM
camchain
Instructor

Default Thank you both...

Thanks you for the suggestion. I spoke with Bill yesterday and it doesn't sound as if he will have a truck available when we need it. He sounds like a real car guy. He was terrific on the phone. I still hold some hope that he may have a slot open up. In the mean time I'm still looking for some help.
Thank you,
Ron Hetherington
Old 08-15-2007, 10:59 AM
lowside67
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Just wondering is there a reason Intercity is no good? They are a forum sponsor and I've never heard a bad story about their service.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:22 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

I haven't used Intercity, but I have only heard good things about them.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:22 AM
camchain
Instructor

Default Still Looking

Originally Posted by lowside67
Just wondering is there a reason Intercity is no good?
I didn't mean to imply that there is any thing wrong with any particular carrier. The big guys just can't guarantee that your car will be first on the truck. The result is that your car may have to moved out of the way of other vehicles as they are unloaded for delivery along the way. The car in question is a 1930's racer with a clutch and other "features" that make loading and unloading a pita and not the best thing for the old girl.

We are still looking for a carrier. The car will be in a secure warehouse until it is picked up. The pick-up date is therefore open but the delivery to Denver must be no later than September 14.

Thanks
Ron

Quick Reply: auto transport help