Sponsored by:

58 Speedster

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 02:47 AM
Max (SD)
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 58 Speedster

Some may recall that I was looking for the right speedster to buy. I ran across this one being offered at European Collectibles. Black with red interior. It looks like the original color may have been aqua marine. Can you guys take a quick look at it and give me your thoughts. They are asking $115k looks pretty good to me, original motor and transmission. No history on the car. Anyone familiar with this one?

Much thanks,

If I go through with purchase, I will be putting up my 65 356sc coupe driver for sale.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:47 AM
Max (SD)
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Link

http://www.europeancollectables.com/...ge_inv_id=C885
Old 03-27-2007, 11:52 AM
ked
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why "no history"? - it is a numbers matching, yellow plate CA car - I would want to delve more into that. the floorpans were replaced - when / by whom? how 'bout the repaint? & again, when & by whom. mileage? engine rebuild ? compression test? by photos, this appears to be more a driver, not a show car - is that your intent? if so, this one is worth more investigation... lotsa 356 expertise in So Cal - I'd get a pro ppi on it at a minimum, also want to test it personally before stroking the check. one criteria (for me, anyway) - car should have a 95% probability of making it home w/o a major time-delaying mechanical incident... best of luck!

Quick Reply: 58 Speedster