The value of no rust!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 08:33 PM
Rammer356
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question The value of no rust!

Why do I love 356s so much?

I ran into a guy in Coral Gables Fl. with a 1959 356 A coupe a couple of weeks ago. Very nice man who has several cars (including a 997S) but loves the 356 best. His car was in need of a paint and cosmetics but it had basically no rust! The floors were original and solid. I was very impressed. Many 356s I have seen in Florida have been very rusty. Rust and the aweful heat in Miami are the main reasons why I have never bought a 356. I have battled rust in the past and lets just say my current classic is fiberglass! Ofcourse, the non-rusted 356 sighting has sparked my hidden interests once again.

My question.....How difficult are non rusted, driver condition, 356s to find and how much should I expect to pay. I like the later cars as I have read that they are more civilized. I like cars that are very original and matching numbers are a must.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:10 AM
Steve Jensen
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The Rust Free car is typically going to be from California, Arizona, etc. One of hte reasons why "original black plate Cali car" is sooo magical... of course, it almost never is...
Old 04-03-2007, 11:26 AM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Original motor, tranny, paint, and interior and no rust on a 356A is worth a good bit of change. Personally, I would fluff and buff a car like that and leave it as original as humanly possible. Patina is nicer than a glossy new paint job and shiny interior in my opinion...

Quick Reply: The value of no rust!