Sponsored by:

Porsche 356 International meeting in Sweden

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2002, 06:34 PM
Michael Ghia
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Porsche 356 International meeting in Sweden

I thought I'd just give you guys a quick run down of this years 356 International meeting in Skovda, Sweden.
I was asked to go over to support a customers Speedster (1957 in red) and we travelled in convoy with a fellow 356 owner to the show.
There were over 130 356's, 4 Carrera's, 5 Speedsters and a 904GTS. The events arranged for the weekend were a show, castle tour and slalom course at the local airport on the Friday (the 904 won that... no suprises there then!), a ralley which included puzzles and tests on the way as you (in your groups of 356's) zoomed around the georgeus swedish countryside on the saturday and a swap meet on the sunday before setting off back.
I had some fun in my customers Speedster through the cones (Thankyou Fergus) although the tyres will need changing a little sooner and got very sunburnt before buying a Porsche hat(!) on the saturday.
Next year the 356 International meeting is in Brighton, England. I'll be there with Fergus, hopefully with his speedster and his newly aquired 1954 Pre-A with 13,000 miles from new. This car has to be seen to be believed. It was sold at Christies Auction ealier this month and has an interesting history from Australia. The colour of the car was chosen to match the bride's dress at a wedding in 1954!!!!

I hope some of you can make it across as this looks to be a wonderful event with some nice rare cars including Carerra's (possibly a Sauter) and maybe even a 904 from the UK.

Mike Ghia

Quick Reply: Porsche 356 International meeting in Sweden