Sponsored by:

Wheels for 64 356

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 06:20 PM
khmcpa
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheels for 64 356

I need some help from the group. In early September I ordered a set of "remanufactured" wheels from Brad Ripley at NLA, Ltd. through his website. Since I had not received any response to the order after two weeks I called him. He said he was having problems with his supplier, but that he would check and call or email me a response to let me know when they would be available. No response after 5 more weeks. I cancelled the order.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I might go to get refinished wheels for my 356? The ones I have are OK, but I would like perfect.
Thanks!
Old 11-08-2006, 06:41 PM
ked
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ken,
Perfect is hard to find. John Willhoit sometimes sells complete wheelsets, as do other top-notch restorers (see the Registry & Excellence). He is worth a call, since he does fantastic paint & detailing work. If I were in your position, I would consider getting some beater wheels & tires (like, from a 912 or early 911) for your car while you send your original (date matched?) set to someone like John w/ instructions to "make perfect" - & be prepared to pay, of course... good luck!
Old 11-08-2006, 10:49 PM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Ken...I'd get someone in your area to refinish your "period correct" wheels...Brad Ripley is a nice and honest guy but as many of the 356 old timers, he has his own timing and you'll have to "adapt" if you want to deal with these guys...another good source for period correct wheels is Jim @ EASY ...

PS. You have the perfect garage...356 and 993 side by side...congrats!!!

Quick Reply: Wheels for 64 356