Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am tall....

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 11:39 AM
FastCarNut
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a responsible prospective buyer I read the venerable book by James E. Schrager "Buying, Driving and Enjoying the Porsche 356" with great interest. I found the book very insightful and give it two thumbs up (more if I had them). At the beginning of chapter 4, under the heading "Which 356 is the best for a beginner?" he writes:

"There are two groups of 356s more suited to advanced hobbyists that will not be covered: the Carrera 4 cam cars (1955- 1964) and the pre-A 356 (1948 – 1955) cars. The Carreras are as much racing car as road car, very expensive to buy and repair, and somewhat difficult to drive on the street."

And a little later:

"If you get seriously involved in the 356 hobby, a Carrera or pre-A may be in your future. But if you’d like to stay within a reasonable budget and plan to drive your car regularly, the Carreras and per-A cars aren’t the best place to begin."

It all sounds very sensible and anybody in their right mind would pay close attention to these words of wisdom. So can someone please explain to me why I bought this Carrera 2 GS??? I am completely giddy with excitement; have I lost it?

She does need a little work, I had her delivered to Dennis Frick's shop "Europa Macchina". All should be done in time for the end of summer....
Attached Images   

Last edited by FastCarNut; 04-30-2007 at 08:36 AM.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:24 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am 6'4" and I have plenty of room everytime I drive the family 356 C. Great car to drive. It is actually the most roomiest Porsche out there, besides the SUV.

Quick Reply: I am tall....