Notices
356 Forum 1948-1965
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1962 Notchback Coupe with top chopped off...HUH?.

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 07:35 PM
Rico
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

any pics available??
i'm actually looking for a notchback for myself, however i prefer it just as it is,
with the permanent hardtop.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:50 PM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by acastell
Thank you all for the comments. at $12K, I think I am did OK! ....If as someone mentioned, these are 50% of a cabs value, then I have a very big bugdet to spent.
I do agree you did well at $12K if the car is running and isn't a rust bucket. I 150% disagree about the Notch being 50% of a cab. It's more like 50% of a coupe. They are very unloved cars for whatever reason [I think they look fine but DO prefer the round shape of the normal coupes], and they are already one of the most rare of the 356 body styles, yet don't have much investment value regardless.

Your car may appreciate, but it won't be by much, and having a chopped top Notch isn't a good candidate for tossing money into. Keep her on the road, enjoy driving her, and sell it on as you bought it someday to a person similar to you who just wants to enjoy the car for what it is. Putting restoration money into this car is akin to setting money on fire methinks

Quick Reply: 1962 Notchback Coupe with top chopped off...HUH?.